All-Star Prayers To Those In The Path Of Hurricane Sandy...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For any of you Jersey Shore fans, Seaside boardwalk has essentially been destroyed. Waiting on word about my shore house in wildwood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ydysy2a4.jpg

saw this photo lastnight on twitter, I'm guessing this was in New York.

and this was from The Weather Channel's Facebook page, this was sent from Manhattan

7e7e4uhe.jpg

Made it through the night alive and well, never lost power. Had internet trouble, but that's hardly a real problem

The subway system is essentially underwater. Those of us who live by above-ground lines will be luckier, but it will take at least 4-5 days for the system to be back up. We will have to rely on bus service/cabs, so 8.5 million people will be in a heck of a lot of trouble for the next week or so. Some of the tunnels that are a part of my line are essentially a river. Since it's salt water, it's not just draining the water- it's cleaning the SALT off the lines. Uggh...

I watched a video last night of a transformer on the east side of manhattan blow up- which is odd, because someone staying in my apt saw it happen live. I also watched video of the entire front facade of an apt building coming off..and apparently it happened often.

Lost power in NoVA around 8 last night and my house temp dropped to 59 degrees. I had to sleep with knee highs, yoga pants, and a sweatshirt on.SMH. Good thing we have a generator, I'm still connected with the outside world.

I live in central jersey and I lost power around 7 last night and won't get it back until Sunday unfortunately. I wanted to share some photos. We had two large trees in our backyard that my dad was really worried about. If they had fallen on our house, some serious damage could've been done. We are extremely lucky and they fell the other way
7y8udugy.jpg
jyjeta4u.jpg

Here's some other photos I took from around my town. I know there's worse damage on the shore but I wanted to show that they weren't the only ones affected!
sagavagu.jpg
u9a6a7ab.jpg

I live about 25 minutes from downtown chicago. there's a lake shore flood warning and winds from 60-80 mph are expected. Wave heights should be around 18 to 23 feet in Cook County, which is where i live. it's definitely nowhere near as bad as it is on the east coast but this is the first time i can remember a hurricane actually effecting the midwest.

I live about 25 minutes from downtown chicago. there's a lake shore flood warning and winds from 60-80 mph are expected. Wave heights should be around 18 to 23 feet in Cook County, which is where i live. it's definitely nowhere near as bad as it is on the east coast but this is the first time i can remember a hurricane actually effecting the midwest.

I'm on Lake Shore Drive every day to get home from school, and I could not believe the waves on the lake - from a hurricane hundreds of miles away. :eek: Crazy - I tried to get some pictures, but I was also trying to get home. I thought moving here I would never see a hurricane again - I've lived through enough to last me a lifetime. I can't believe some of the pics of NY/NJ I've seen. :( :(:(

I did get a little snippy with a friend this weekend who kept posting on Facebook that she didn't know why everyone was so uptight, and that she was excited and couldn't wait. I finally couldn't take it and replied - "You clearly have never seen any of this up close and in real life. It's not "exciting" to lose everything. It's not "exciting" to see your car and half your belongings floating in what used to be a street and is now a river." :banghead:

ETA ultimatelegacy those pics are unreal. Heartbreaking.

Most of NJ is without power so they probably cant answer... The shore has had catastrophic damage. I know from twitter and FB some of my fellow WC families had to be rescued this morning. Not sure if the gym suffered any damage, but considering there arent any large trees nearby and it is inland somewhat I'm sure the buildings are fine. Please pray for the poor souls that have lost their homes!

Back