All-Star Prayers To Those In The Path Of Hurricane Sandy...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

we decided to stay in our house instead of leave. lost power for a while, but it's currently back, which is wonderful because the sump pump can turn on for at least a little while until the power's lost again.

while it seems to be getting better, i will be sleeping in the hallway since my bed is against a wall of windows and not one room in the entire house is windowless. no basement either.

i know the next few hours are predicted to be the worst, but as of now, it seems my block should be relatively safe.

all i know is this record-setting low pressure is giving me such a severe headache that nothing will cure :confused:

Geez.. CheerBank and Cheercurl y'all are in my thoughts for sure. Others too, but from y'all's recent posts, I just can't imagine. So hoping you guys are safe!

Lost power around 4:40. We're all chilling in the basement where we plan to sleep tonight since we have trees in the front and back of house. The wind is howling and the trees are shaking like crazy. Just praying nothing falls and that my trampoline doesn't get lifted up. This is truly scary.

149poqb.jpg

this was before the storm even really started. trampolines are no joke. stay safe!

Power just went out for a minute and came back on.
fingers crossed we don't lose it!
i think if we can get through another hour or 2 we might be ok.

Lost power around 4:40. We're all chilling in the basement where we plan to sleep tonight since we have trees in the front and back of house. The wind is howling and the trees are shaking like crazy. Just praying nothing falls and that my trampoline doesn't get lifted up. This is truly scary.

Thank goodness for basements!

just got sad news - a firefighter in one of Connecticut's shoreline towns has died. details not out yet. sending prayers to his family.

Yikes, let me rephrase. Y'all are all scaring me!!! Everyone is in my thoughts tonight.. Please stay safe!

And no kidding about the trampolines being no joke. We had a random storm here the very same day we put our trampoline up and it completely destroyed it before the kids ever jumped on it. It was unreal.. It flew through the air past my kitchen window as light as a peice of paper and so quickly that I had absolutely no clue what it was lol!

I'm in the southern tier of NY (I'm at school). All I can say is thank god I live on campus. My town has lost power but the school has generators :p The wind is really loud though! It sounds crazy.

School I work at in NH just cancelled again for tomorrow. Four day weekends are great, but AAAHHHH Cabin fever!!! :eek:

And did anyone else see the pic of the crane dangling off the 90 story building in NYC?! Crazy. Hoping everyone here is able to stay safe still!!

School I work at in NH just cancelled again for tomorrow. Four day weekends are great, but AAAHHHH Cabin fever!!! :eek:

And did anyone else see the pic of the crane dangling off the 90 story building in NYC?! Crazy. Hoping everyone here is able to stay safe still!!

I'm canceled tomorrow too. Probably a combination of the Stock Exchange being closed again (I work in finance) and the MBTA not announcing when service would resume again until about 8PM tonight.

As long as I have power I can deal with being stir crazy ;)

School is closed in NoVA, hoping its closed on tuesday because I have a Bio exam that I really don't want to take. I feel like my teacher is speak pig latin, goes through one ear and out the other.

I go to school in NoVA too. I was slightly ecstatic when we got the call about no school tomrrow

Its starting to get windy in nb canada.. it looks like sandys almost here !!! BRING IT SANDY!!! Sandy cant ruin our fun!! il just stretch for the whole day tomorrow..even if the powers out!!

As far as I'm aware- the crane was being used to build the new Fulton St transit center (a much needed and soon to be BEAUTIFUL subway transit center). If I was correct while looking at the tv..

Two deaths have been reported here so far: a man in Queens (where I am but just so you know- Queens is huge) who was crushed by a tree crashing into his house and crushing him and then a person who was driving in this mess and got into an accident.

The wind is insane and the rain is torrential. Battery Park Tunnel is flooded and they're desperately trying to pump the water back out. A good chunk of downtown manhattan had their power shutoff as a precaution, as did a chunk of brooklyn. Lots of flooding downtown, so I can see why they'd shut off the power. All is well for now in my part of Astoria- we still have power but fear it's only a matter of time. It apparently hit earlier and further north than they planned..which means more time and immediate circling around the NYC area. We're a fair bit away from the ocean so I'm not too fussed about flooding..on the plus- looks like the patch-job on my roof is holding up! We're cooking as much as we can now before we lose power..

Back