All-Star Prayers To Those In The Path Of Hurricane Sandy...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hurricane neighborhood cookouts! The silver lining in losing everything in your freezer....

Being from NC were sortof pros at this sadly. My CP got called up and sent to the coast last year for a week for disaster relief services in the wake of Irene. He's a (newly ranked to officer this week!) C/2LT in the nc civil air patrol. He's been watching CAP alerts about his status for disaster relief here. The outer banks have taken a beating.

The best I can say is follow your gut, listen to the experts and use common sense...then use a lot of patience and community in the aftermath/clean up because THAT is way more stressful than the wind and rain.

Be safe!

My gym and all of my families are on the shore. I kept hoping this wouldn't be as bad as they were saying. Most of the shore was flooded with tonight's hightide, 18-24 hrs before landfall. The winds have picked up, and they're still calling for more mandatory evacuations. Doesn't look like we're going to escape it this time.

Nor'easters we're used to, tropical storms we're used to. Not used to them combining.

Prayers to all those in the midst. We are pretty far away in Indiana, however my husbands family is in Baltimore, and I am definitely worried. Be safe, everyone!!

My gym and all of my families are on the shore. I kept hoping this wouldn't be as bad as they were saying. Most of the shore was flooded with tonight's hightide, 18-24 hrs before landfall. The winds have picked up, and they're still calling for more mandatory evacuations. Doesn't look like we're going to escape it this time.

Nor'easters we're used to, tropical storms we're used to. Not used to them combining.

They were calling this a snor'estercane too, saying we could get some snow, and now they're saying its going to be like 60 degrees. So crazy.

i hope you said goodbye to seaside before you left. (it hasn't even started raining yet)

2iw9j85.jpg

I don't mean to sound silly but how is it already so high and flooded without it raining. I am down in florida and I feel like we are not getting as much info locally because of us being out of the zone this time. Stay safe everyone!

Gov. Malloy just called Hurricane Sandy the largest threat to human life we have seen in Connecticut in anyone's lifetime. He is pleading with people in evacuation zones to get out now.

This was the statement from the governor of Connecticut.
this is crazy!
Wow! I know government agency need to CYA but that is scary to hear from your gov.

I don't mean to sound silly but how is it already so high and flooded without it raining. I am down in florida and I feel like we are not getting as much info locally because of us being out of the zone this time. Stay safe everyone!

It's a full moon tomorrow, which makes the high tides higher. The surge is currently 3 feet. Add that to higher high tides and wind, and you get that. There are worse pics out there unfortunately.

It is a storm surge...Storm surges are caused primarily by high winds pushing on the ocean's surface. The wind causes the water to pile up higher than the ordinary sea level.

It's a full moon tomorrow, which makes the high tides higher. The surge is currently 3 feet. Add that to higher high tides and wind, and you get that. There are worse pics out there unfortunately.
Really? Worse pictures?

This sounds alot WORSE, than what all are seeing right now!!! I pray for safety for everyone, and if in doubt, GET OUT!!!!! I guess we were spared of all of this in NC, I think??? My family in OH/WV are going to have SNOW???? alot, I believe... Praying that this doesn't turn into the Storm of the Millenium!! Stay safe everyone!!!! Make sure you have a plan if you don't!! Cheers, Take Care and God BLess Everyone!!!:fro:

nothing crazy yet, but - winds are currently 46 mph here, which is nothing compared to what will come. by tomorrow's high tide, i think all of the barrier islands will be under water. from Belmar-south, every beach is currently under water. there is no sand left and most boardwalks are already underwater.

and i just realized those really cool skylights in my house are real dangerous. any suggestions on how to cover those?

Back