All-Star Prayers To Those In The Path Of Hurricane Sandy...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I live in brick nj 10 minutes from the beaches every town pretty much around us is evacuated the bridges have water up to them the inlets are flooded its crazy and it's not even started yet... We are fine where we are at the moment

I live in brick nj 10 minutes from the beaches every town pretty much around us is evacuated the bridges have water up to them the inlets are flooded its crazy and it's not even started yet... We are fine where we are at the moment
STAY SAFE!

Of course all the fun happens in Philly when I move to Kentucky :confused:

But in all seriousness, stay safe everybody!

i hope you said goodbye to seaside before you left. (it hasn't even started raining yet)

2iw9j85.jpg

Part of the boardwalk in AC has already crumbled. High tide is hitting right about now, so it will get worse as the night goes on with the full moon tomorrow. Of course this is all before she actually gets here.

We've hardly seen anything in Richmond and we were able to host a full scale rec competition today. For those of you who haven't experienced hurricanes before: It's NEVER as bad as they make it sound.

Now watch me eat my words...

Gov. Malloy just called Hurricane Sandy the largest threat to human life we have seen in Connecticut in anyone's lifetime. He is pleading with people in evacuation zones to get out now.

This was the statement from the governor of Connecticut.
this is crazy!

This storm will need its own category when we are through with it due to its hybrid qualities of both a hurricane and nor’easter.
The worst thing I’m seeing and hearing is the NWS having trouble putting the correct type of warning out there. Because the sustained wind speeds are coming in like a tropical storm, they really can’t issue hurricane warnings without breaking protocol. What this doesn’t get across is that 24-36 hours of 60mph winds are far more destructive than 3-6 hours of 80-100mph winds (like a traditional hurricane). I’m getting a horrible false sense of security from most people I’ve seen in stores, especially the phrase, “Meh, that’s what they said about Irene.” Everyone needs to realize this is a completely different type of storm than Irene last year. This has the ability to reshape places like Cape May, Wildwood, Atlantic City, Long Beach Island, Seaside, Pt. Pleasant, and Sandy Hook.
This is going to be a very bad storm both at the shore and inland. Along the ocean, there will be a 5-10 foot storm surge that will be most threatening during high tide (at least 2-3 high tides in a 24-36 hour period), especially during the full moon. Coastal residents need to GET OUT. As far as inland residents go, power outages are expected for up to 7-10 days. If you are on high ground, you can expect rain and wind. If you live inland near places that have poor drainage you are likely to flood as 6-12 inches of rain could fall between now and Wednesday. Conditions will vary from location to location in NJ but for the most part, the entire state will be affected in some way from rain and wind.
So with all this being said, I beg you to get off the barrier islands & coastal regions of New Jersey for this storm. I’m talking from Cape May to Sandy Hook. If you live near the ocean in these areas, GET OUT! IT COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH. This is not coming from a weather media outlet. This is coming from someone who grew up in the area and knows the severe weather potential very well. PLEASE LISTEN TO ME ON THIS! With almost all major I-95 corridor cities affected by this, emergency personnel will have a hard time getting to you should you need their assistance due to the amount of emergencies that will arise. It might be too late to call 911 at that point, especially if your phone does not work. Thanks for listening and considering my plea for your safety,
Jonathan Carr
Severe Weather Analyst
EPAWA/SevereNJwx

Still not bad here in Richmond, just breezy, but some of the team from closer to the coast couldn't float out of the flooded streets for practice this morning. They're expecting it to get much worse here overnight.
Please stay safe, y'all. Expect extended periods of power outages and when all the meat in your freezer is defrosted, gather friends for a Hurricane cookout on Wednesday. Everyone will look awful for awhile, since they can't use hair dryers/ flat irons, etc. Hurricanes are scary and loud while they're happening, but the aftermath is such a pain...

I think the waiting is so hard.. everything is ready.. daughter home from college.. U del closed down till at least wednesday.. son has no school for 2 days as many in NJ do. not sure what I can do except wait... stay safe everyone!

Back