Primary Gym Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 5, 2015
I am wondering what the definition of "primary gym" is for the USASF. My membership agreement is with one gym but because of low enrollments this year and teams we needed, we joined with another gym to compete with. So I pay membership fees to one gym and competition fees to the other gym. Which gym would I have to get a waiver from if my daughter wanted to go to World's with a different team? My contract with first gym states " I understand that I am committing to the "XYZ" program until April 30th, 2016" so based on that I feel they would be my primary gym and not the gym who's name we compete under. Anyone out there know???

That is very confusing deal. In my opinion you need the release from whatever gym your child is registered to with with usasf.

@Andre can you help at all.

**I saw it on the internet so it must be true**

I made a comment. After I reread your question, saw that I misread your post. I couldn't delete my post. So, I said ignore.

Confused if you are a gym owner why you would need a release.

Last edited:
Have you competed with both gyms? If you have only competed with the second gym you shouldn't need a waiver, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I would get the waiver from both to be safe. I would think, however, that you should only need it from whichever team you competed for after the cutoff date which I'm totally not remembering now ...November?

You are right. Still Nov. 1, 2015.

"Eligible Athletes, Substitutions and Alternates

All athletes participating on a team at The 2016 Worlds must be a registered member of that team’s gym during the 2015-2016 competition season. Any athlete that has competed on the floor with a team in any level from a gym (Primary Gym), during the Worlds competition season (November 1, 2015 – May 1, 2016), will have to have a USASF Gym Release Waiver signed by the owner of that gym (Primary Gym) before that athlete is eligible to compete with another gym (Secondary Gym) at The 2016 Cheerleading Worlds. The USASF Gym Release Waiver is located on the US All Star Federation: Home website."

Last edited:
You are right. Still Nov. 1, 2015.

"Eligible Athletes, Substitutions and Alternates

All athletes participating on a team at The 2016 Worlds must be a registered member of that team’s gym during the 2015-2016 competition season. Any athlete that has competed on the floor with a team in any level from a gym (Primary Gym), during the Worlds competition season (November 1, 2015 – May 1, 2016), will have to have a USASF Gym Release Waiver signed by the owner of that gym (Primary Gym) before that athlete is eligible to compete with another gym (Secondary Gym) at The 2016 Cheerleading Worlds. The USASF Gym Release Waiver is located on the US All Star Federation: Home website."
Just looked and unless an old cached version of the website it still says Nov 1.

**There is a fine line between looking Fierce in a routine and looking Ehr Meh Gawwd**

I am wondering what the definition of "primary gym" is for the USASF. My membership agreement is with one gym but because of low enrollments this year and teams we needed, we joined with another gym to compete with. So I pay membership fees to one gym and competition fees to the other gym. Which gym would I have to get a waiver from if my daughter wanted to go to World's with a different team? My contract with first gym states " I understand that I am committing to the "XYZ" program until April 30th, 2016" so based on that I feel they would be my primary gym and not the gym who's name we compete under. Anyone out there know???

Did you compete with the first gym after November 1?

It doesn't matter what the contract with the first gym is, that contract doesn't mean anything to the USASF. If you haven't competed with that gym, then you're free and clear and your new gym is your primary and only gym.

Also, to be clear, for what purpose are you trying to figure out which gym is primary? For worlds?

Back