All-Star Privates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have some privates that I do weekly, they're just standing private lessons and unless I am unable to do it or the child is unable to do it, we have it the same day/time every week. But I've also done privates the week of a completion if an athlete is having trouble with a skill and we just work technique on it so they are more confident.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We do privates once a week and sometimes add in a stretching private with a coach from our old gym location (Acro Coach). They run $70/hour. I think you are at our gym so I will tell you that all of the coaches are the same rate. If you book with Kyle at West Coast (our old location) he is a bit cheaper and does stretching and tumbling in the hour. The other coaches do whatever you want to. I do not pay for privates for conditioning.

We don't do privates, rarely she may get one. Like we will maybe do one in the whole season this year. However she would love to do one private a week. (I don't think she would want more because she practices 3 days a week between team practice and the flyer class she has to go to) I don't want her to be tired!

Privates 60$ hr or $30 for 30 mins, I do think she could benefit from the privates but her tumbling is already way better then all her other skills. So like what can she do with the skills she will gain? Nothing pretty much! Maybe one day she can start doing privates consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CP does one private a week most of the time. We add a second when she needs extra help on something for team. Her private lesson coach is very in demand, so we keep a standing day/ time with him. He has about twice the requests for privates as he has available spots. CP works tumbling only since she bases or backspots for stunts. She does a combination of tumbling and drills specially tailored toward whatever skill she is working on. She does a tumbling class as well, but I feel like she gets much more out of the one on one. She is slow to get new skills and slow to translate what she is being asked to do into actually getting her body to do it.

For my cp, we didn't do privates ever until she was really close to her full and we did one so she could have the repetition to get it. And it worked, she got her full in that private. I didn't really find them necessary until there was an tumbling issue or being really close to a skill. However, as skills get harder, and she gets more social...they've sort of become more desirable. In a group class she doesn't stay super focused because she's easily distracted by other people and I feel like it's a waste of my $$. In a private, she doesn't have that option. We still don't do them regularly, although I'd prefer it, but her favorite coach is booked up. As for cost, it runs $25 with 3 kids to a private and it usually lasts about 45 min.
For stunt privates, we've done a few just so she could get some confidence...those are two coaches basing...switching out up to 3 kids and $40/30 min.

I rarely ever do privates, but when I do it's before tryouts & I'm trying to get a new skill down. For 30 minutes, it costs $25 and 1 hour costs $40. I never do the hour long ones because it's way to tiring one on one. My gym also offers 'semi-privates' which is 2-3 people. 30 minutes is $15 per person and 1 hour is $30 per person. During privates we usually just do technique drills and we do the skill over and over as the coach gives us pointers.

I do privates once a week during the school year. Ideally it's twice a week this year (trying to get ready for college). Usually during the school year I have a set private every week, but in the summer it's not always consistent. I also try to do a tumbling class. When I'm in a tumbling class, seeing other people motivates me bc I'm very competitive, but when I do privates I have more time to focus on a specific skill instead of switching to whatever the group is doing. The hard thing about tumbling classes is scheduling, with a private I can make it work with my schedule whereas with a tumbling class I have to hope there's one that works. Privates are $25 for 30 minutes, tumbling classes are $10/class.
what I do is usually dependent on what I want/need to work on. Sometimes it's repetition of something until I'm confident, other times it's getting spotted on several different things, it just depends.

Thank you everyone for all of your help! I've booked my first two privates and can't wait. It's nice to know how often and how other gyms do private lessons. Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't do them a crazy amount though. :p

My CP has a standing weekly private with the senior team's tumbling coach, it costs $25 for 30 minutes or $40 for an hour. Normally she does 30 minutes, but this past week we did an hour since we're leaving for a 2 week vacation and she'll only have access to a local (to vacation) open gym once a week.

It consists of stretching and tumbling. She is mainly working to improve her BHS and he's started doing tuck and layout drills with her, one to understand the build up but also to introduce it while she's young so she's not scared later. Her layout is more like a whip though since she's incredibly powerful when she takes off...his words, not mine. TBH, I don't understand much tumbling, but I know he's trying to harness her control because she just kinda flies.

He also works on her technique in her running tumbling and working up to a running RO BHS and running Front walk over to build up to a running FWO RO BHS.

My daughter takes standing weekly private, but since she injured her hamstring, she has taken a break from tumbling this summer. What I do know, at my daughter's gym the cost of private instruction is for 1 half-hour= $35.00 individual, with 2 the cost is $25.00, to be honest, I do not know anybody that take privates with more than 2 people, so I am not sure if the cost changes for 3... for 1 hour private, I think the cost is $70.00 and 2 people, it is $60.00...
My daughter takes privates to advance her tumbling skills and since her instructor works with her team during tumbling, he also work on things that she needs to clean up on in the routine - like techniques and he is working a lot of jumps to back, but since my daughter is a regular for this instructor, he may focus the privates on many different things that is important in the routine... What I often noticed, my daughter(backspot) is often asked after her privates to stay and work with flyers taken private instruction for flying, either working as a base or backspot for the instructor, she has never been paid for this service, I think, most of the cheerleader working in this capacity are it looks good or for browning points ...

My daughter takes standing weekly private, but since she injured her hamstring, she has taken a break from tumbling this summer. What I do know, at my daughter's gym the cost of private instruction is for 1 half-hour= $35.00 individual, with 2 the cost is $25.00, to be honest, I do not know anybody that take privates with more than 2 people, so I am not sure if the cost changes for 3... for 1 hour private, I think the cost is $70.00 and 2 people, it is $60.00...
My daughter takes privates to advance her tumbling skills and since her instructor works with her team during tumbling, he also work on things that she needs to clean up on in the routine - like techniques and he is working a lot of jumps to back, but since my daughter is a regular for this instructor, he may focus the privates on many different things that is important in the routine... What I often noticed, my daughter(backspot) is often asked after her privates to stay and work with flyers taken private instruction for flying, either working as a base or backspot for the instructor, she has never been paid for this service, I think, most of the cheerleader working in this capacity it looks good or for browning points ...

At our gym, it is typically $60 for a one hour private with team coaches. It costs $50 if you're doing it with one of the power tumbling coaches for an hour. The privates always consist of all tumbling, and how much you get out of it depends on the focus and style the coach has.

Note about privates that this thread has me thinking about:

The biggest thing with privates is the quality of the session not QUANTITY of privates.

Many parents/athletes think 3-5 privates a week is benefitting their child.

However, they don't realize that their child spends 10 min of the private in the restroom, getting water, or that the coach is not efficient in managing time to help the athlete get the most out of the private.

So they wonder why, after 3 privates a week for 6 months, Suzy still isn't throwing (example) her standing tuck.

Meanwhile, a kid who has ONE private per week or every other week is cleaning up skills, and learning new passes, etc. all the time. Million Privates Mom/Kid are perplexed.

The more focused the child, the better the private. The more organized the instructor, the more "bang for your buck."

A million privates don't always yield better results.

Back