All-Star Productive Games To Play At Practice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
Always looking for new ideas for games to play at practice that incorporate full outs, sections, stunt thrus, etc.
In my gym we play the bingo game, the deal or no deal, and the connect 4 game.
Looking for some new ones to incorporate into practice this year!

We did "naughty corner" run throughs which is you do your routine either everything full out apart from stunts or a true full out out. You have to be clean, have full perfomance and if you drop a stunt your performance falls or you walk not in clean you get sent to the naughty corner then after the routine the ones who are left get a quick break while the others in the corner either do the routine again by themsleves with the other people in the corner or get a quick conditioning excersise

My team were really struggling with performance and this helped alot because there were minor things like arms not tight in clean or thumbs out or dropping face for a second were spotted and we realised what we were doing

By nationals our routine was awesome and we did well

ETA: Also doing your routine to another cheer mix works great then you are certain they know the counts, we also did a mark through pretending to be dinosaurs and another team did zombies that was fun

Last edited:
My favorite was when we did performance full outs and run throughs. You had to perform 1500% to stay on the mat, or else you were called off and had to condition until the routine was over. You had to still build whatever you could, but pyramids almost never could happen because we needed all 20 girls to make them work. I think it was effective though because the people who were pulled out saw what they needed to be doing to stay in.

One year we had everyone start at one side of the mat, run to the other side, do their stunt, run back, do the stunt again, etc. it really helps you get used to going full out because it gets exhausting.

Then we had flyers hold a lib and throw poms back and fourth- whoever was the last one up won

This isn't really a game but we'd have each stunt group go through and individually do their part of the routine (tumbling and jumps too) and the rest of the team would watch then critique it. That was probably the most successful thing we ever did. I always thought it was fun.

We did "naughty corner" run throughs which is you do your routine either everything full out apart from stunts or a true full out out. You have to be clean, have full perfomance and if you drop a stunt your performance falls or you walk not in clean you get sent to the naughty corner then after the routine the ones who are left get a quick break while the others in the corner either do the routine again by themsleves with the other people in the corner or get a quick conditioning excersise

My team were really struggling with performance and this helped alot because there were minor things like arms not tight in clean or thumbs out or dropping face for a second were spotted and we realised what we were doing

By nationals our routine was awesome and we did well

ETA: Also doing your routine to another cheer mix works great then you are certain they know the counts, we also did a mark through pretending to be dinosaurs and another team did zombies that was fun

This is the most brilliant thing I've ever heard !

This is the most brilliant thing I've ever heard !

Trust me after being sent to the naughty corner once you dont make that mistake again

and when we did the routine to another cheer mix (TG 005 fallen jags) I was shocked how well I knew that routine as I had only joined the team about a month prior and they had known this routine for over 6 months.

If you are having a stale practice dinosaurs lightens the mood then you go a proper full out and it looks better

Always looking for new ideas for games to play at practice that incorporate full outs, sections, stunt thrus, etc.
In my gym we play the bingo game, the deal or no deal, and the connect 4 game.
Looking for some new ones to incorporate into practice this year!
What do y'all do for deal or no deal?

We love games, especially in nationals season where it can get tedious to go full out non stop. Does anyone else find issues on non game days though? Last season we had problems with them not trying as hard if there was no game and it infuriated me!

We play Jenga, CandyLand, connect 4 and Blokus.

Jenga blocks have skill sets, conditioning and other instructions written on them. There's one block with "coaches 10 push ups" on it so they love when they pull that.
ETA: they have to run 10 laps if they knock it down.

The CandyLand spinner has different instructions written on it also. Each elite group is a game piece. This works well since we typically have 3-4 elite groups per team. But you can have more than 4 game pieces to represent stunt groups. Buy the replacement parts or just make your own.

Connect 4 is team against coaches. Whatever they're working on has to hit or we get to put our game piece in before they do. If the coaches connects 4 the team has to run.

And Blokus is separated by stunt groups as well. It's a lot of fun bc it's a simple strategy game with only 1 rule. The groups get to place a piece on the board after they do each section 3 times and hit at least once. If they don't hit at least once they don't get to place a piece at all for that round. For jumps/tumbling sections if an individual messes up every time then their group still suffers.

We love game nights!

Not really "a game" but we always did Oval Office. You split the team into two groups. One group is in the middle doing a certain exercise while the other groups runs X amount of laps around the mats. Once group 1 finishes their laps, then the groups switch. This keeps going on and on with different amounts of laps and conditioning until the coach made us stop. Not really a game but we always had fun with it.

Not really "a game" but we always did Oval Office. You split the team into two groups. One group is in the middle doing a certain exercise while the other groups runs X amount of laps around the mats. Once group 1 finishes their laps, then the groups switch. This keeps going on and on with different amounts of laps and conditioning until the coach made us stop. Not really a game but we always had fun with it.
Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't there a different version that you can play with people throwing tucks in a circle, and anyone who touches out has to do ab conditioning until everyone else finishes their tucks? Or am I getting the name wrong?

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't there a different version that you can play with people throwing tucks in a circle, and anyone who touches out has to do ab conditioning until everyone else finishes their tucks? Or am I getting the name wrong?

No idea. But the middle activity could be doing standing tucks and still having the other group run

Last stunt standing- go through stunt section with 8 count track, over and over again until there is only 1 stunt left or 8 count track finishes(Get 1-2 8 count break in between). If your stunt falls during any part of stunt section you have to stop the stunt where you are run around the floor until there's only 1 stunt group left or 8 count track runs out. At the end, the stunts who stayed up get water break, and the ones that fell have conditioning and/or have to hit stunt 3 times.

Sounds like just a tuck circle. You can do them many different ways. Whoever is the starter keeps track of the number you're on. Majority of the time we do it, if one person busts then the circle didn't count towards the number they have to do. All have to land to count. We've also done tuck outs at the very end of practice. If you bust you drop and do whatever conditioning we said that night until there is one person left. Last one standing in the circle gets to go home, everyone else stands back up and starts again. We typically will go until there are 5 or so left and then make them stay and do extra conditioning after everyone else has left.

Back