All-Star Pulled Hamstring Injury

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 14, 2010
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has ever pulled their hamstring and recovered well, i pulled mine 2 weeks ago and i have been doing physical therapy, but im afraid that my tumbling isnt going to be as good as it was before, I was just wondering if anyone can relate lol plus im bored in study hall :)

I pulled mine (actually both of them) when I was on LadyPumas '08.. that was the year we did the hurdler tuck split and I even competed at NCA with it still messed up.
As long as you go EASY when you stretch after it's healed you should be fine. I can still pull a bow'n arrow and do jumps like I used to :)

Ok thanks i really need some encouarging words lol im gettin nervous since im on small limited and im one of the guys we need to have the best tumbling, and I LOVED PUMAS IS 2008 you made the back to split look effortless, we had girls try to do that i didnt go so well haha

Ok thanks i really need some encouarging words lol im gettin nervous since im on small limited and im one of the guys we need to have the best tumbling, and I LOVED PUMAS IS 2008 you made the back to split look effortless, we had girls try to do that i didnt go so well haha

You'll be just fine :) don't stress yourself out about it, especially when you start tumbling again. Remember, tumbling is mental and you need to be positive and ease your way back into anything you do after an injury! The best thing to do is Rest, Ice/Heat and go eassssyyy until you're 100%!

i pulled mine 2 seasons ago, and it did take about 5 months to heal. it didnt effect my tumbling at all but my jumps have been suffering ever since.

i pulled mine 2 seasons ago, and it did take about 5 months to heal. it didnt effect my tumbling at all but my jumps have been suffering ever since.
FIVE MONTHS!? how badly did you pull it? i tweaked mine the other day at dance (jumping into a split :banghead:) and i tried stretching today and my split was like four inches off the ground instead of perfect...i'm so mad/upset.

I ripped my left hamstring last year in a stunt in a transition from a bow to an scorpion. It's very painful and if you don't treat even a pulled hamstring well, it will continue to hurt you. I wasn't very careful with mine and it still hurts sometimes. I went to a chiropractor and she did deep tissue massages on it and something called "laser therapy" which really helped it. Basically they put something on your leg that kinda looks like a flashlight and it doesn't hurt or anything, in fact it doesn't feel like it's doing anything, but trust me it definitely does. If I were you, I'd ask about it because it realllly helped. And no if you don't do anything else, be careful with it because it's something you don't want to have to deal with later.

FIVE MONTHS!? how badly did you pull it? i tweaked mine the other day at dance (jumping into a split :banghead:) and i tried stretching today and my split was like four inches off the ground instead of perfect...i'm so mad/upset.
i dont really know, i just did a toetouch and it happened. a girl on my team pulled hers last season and it still hasnt healed.

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has ever pulled their hamstring and recovered well, i pulled mine 2 weeks ago and i have been doing physical therapy, but im afraid that my tumbling isnt going to be as good as it was before, I was just wondering if anyone can relate lol plus im bored in study hall :)

I've pulled mine before it sucks... but tumbling didnt hurt too bad, it was jumps that killed. i didn't jump for like 4 competitions!!!

I pulled mine doing a heel stretch in the air without warming up or stretching in January. Not giving it time to heal it was still bugging me up until last month. It wasn't until I stopped cheer for the summer that its gotten any better. But my jumps and front body positions definitely suffered!

Back