High School Pyramid - Legal?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think so, but I'm not positive. Anyway, about flipping in high school pyramids:

1. Braced forward or backward flips or rolls in a pyramid are allowed provided all the following conditions are met:
    1. The top person begins in a multi-base loading position, stunt, cradle or on the performing surface.
    2. The top person maintains continuous hand-to-hand/arm contact with a bracer on each side. The bracers are in preps with a spotter (no shoulder-stand, shoulder-sit or thigh-stand bracers). The top person is between or in front of the bracers.
    3. At least three catchers (one base and two spotters or two bases and one spotter) who were the original bases/spotters catch the top person in a loading position, stunt or cradle, or assist the top person to the performing surface. If the flip ends in a cradle, the bracers may release the top person once she/he begins to descend and is no longer inverted.
    4. The top person ends in a non-inverted position.
    5. The top person does not perform more than one and one quarter (1¼) flipping rotations and does not twist.
    6. The bases/catchers remain stationary except as necessary for safety adjustments.

Thank you so much. Another quick question-

In partner stunts, the "foldover" stunt. If they dip from prep and extend & foldover from there, is it still legal? Or does the inversion need to begin from prep level or below ?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Thank you so much. Another quick question-

In partner stunts, the "foldover" stunt. If they dip from prep and extend & foldover from there, is it still legal? Or does the inversion need to begin from prep level or below ?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
With NFHS I was told the foldover stunt can pass through extended, but it can't be initiated while extended or stop while being extended (no dramatic pauses).

Back