All-Star Question To Coaches Or Judges On Scoring

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 19, 2015
What is the difference in deduction between a tumble bust or tumble touch down if any? If both occur in a routine on two separate passes do you deduct more?

What is the difference in deduction between a tumble bust or tumble touch down if any? If both occur in a routine on two separate passes do you deduct more?
I think the deduction amount depends on the event producers particular score sheet and yes the deduction is per occurrence so if Susie touches down and Sally touches down they are both deductions

**Wingardium Leviosa...Susies tryout mantra**

What if Susie on the pass to the front has a tumbling touchdown and I am talking huge very noticeable and than on her 2nd pass it's a tumble bust knees hands. Is that one deduction or two?

What if Susie on the pass to the front has a tumbling touchdown and I am talking huge very noticeable and than on her 2nd pass it's a tumble bust knees hands. Is that one deduction or two?
Still 2 deductions, but could be different amounts depending on if there is a difference by that EP in tumble bust vs touch down, though those both sound like tumble busts to me.

I would just like to point out, I would never be able to judge. I don't think I have the attention span for it. I would look down to finding something on the score sheet and miss the whole routine. Or like how they are suppose to score based on like team majority for tumbling, what am I suppose to do, count the double fulls as I try and multi task with everything else? I would have tally marks and notes all over the dang sheet. So kudos to those of you who do it.

I would just like to point out, I would never be able to judge. I don't think I have the attention span for it. I would look down to finding something on the score sheet and miss the whole routine. Or like how they are suppose to score based on like team majority for tumbling, what am I suppose to do, count the double fulls as I try and multi task with everything else? I would have tally marks and notes all over the dang sheet. So kudos to those of you who do it.
Honestly!! I am so curious about how they even do it...it seems incredibly difficult. Are different judges tasked with looking at different things in the same routine? Or do they all judge everything and compare notes? Are they allowed to look at video? I am tempted to take the training just to make sense of it all. Would love to hear from a judge how they do it!!

Honestly!! I am so curious about how they even do it...it seems incredibly difficult. Are different judges tasked with looking at different things in the same routine? Or do they all judge everything and compare notes? Are they allowed to look at video? I am tempted to take the training just to make sense of it all. Would love to hear from a judge how they do it!!

Most events I work use category judging, meaning a judge scores building, tumbling, or overall, but not the full scoresheet.

The use of video by scoring judges varies by event or EP.

Back