All-Star Questioning Team Level

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

U can voice your concern now but no one knows who will b on what team for next season. Maybe there will be a good majority of younger ones along with your cp on the sr team.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

@BellaCheerMom Glad to hear the coach realized she (he?) was in the wrong and handled it the right way. I'm sure that reinforced your belief in having your child in the right program; it would for me. As for the drama cheer mama, at least she has outed herself and you now know who to stay away from.

I am not one to let things fester so I would address it sooner than later but keep it casual. Do you have the coaches email? If so, I would send a quick email asap explaining what your thought process was to the comment the coach made (worried that your daughter was not mature enough for the older team) and apologize for the fact your comments were construed as giving an opinion on team placements. If you don't have the email I would mention it the next time you are in the gym (not during practice time). And I agree with @Mom2Cheergirls - it seems like the coach was over-reacting.

I agree....I wouldn't want to have the akwardness looming until tryouts. I'm the type that would rather just address it and get it over with. You do have final say; it is your daughter. I would just address it in a positive light. "We're flattered that you think her skills are at that level, I just want to be sure that her maturity level is there as well."

Just had to post an update. The gym did not put CP on Senior Level 3 - they put her on Senior Level 4. Lol. :D She will be fine with the older girls though and I've realized it was my issue. She's my youngest and she's very tiny and I realized I was the one treating her like she was too young, not anyone else!

Now if I could just eliminate the Drama from the Other Mama's...:eek:

Back