All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Alright! *hair piece goes flying into the crowd*

I need to test it out a bit to see if it'll stay in through tumbling
Yes please make sure it's secure! We had a member on our gyms senior 2 team that wore a hair piece and it flew off during tumbling, only to then cause another girl to slip on it and fall transitioning to jumps. This unfortunate event resulted in an unhappy coach.

Alright! *hair piece goes flying into the crowd*

I need to test it out a bit to see if it'll stay in through tumbling

My daughter has in hair extensions. Find the cheer head thread I posted in it within the last 2 weeks a pic of her hair. I purchased real hair extensions (so I could do anything with them)..

It comes on that long string of hair that's like a yard long. I only used half of the hair so I cut it in the middle. I then put my kids hair in a ponytail , I then took this hair and bobby pinned around her ponytail. I just kept wrapping around the pony tail and pit in a bobby pin every inch or so. I then proceeded to put in another rubberband with this hair included in the pony. Then the bow rubber band and another to make it stand up! Even if every single bobby pin came out it is still rubber band several times. Virtually no way at all for it not to fall out. If you don't understand I'll try to get pics or videos explaining it! Let me know ...Good luck!

My daughter has in hair extensions. Find the cheer head thread I posted in it within the last 2 weeks a pic of her hair. I purchased real hair extensions (so I could do anything with them)..

It comes on that long string of hair that's like a yard long. I only used half of the hair so I cut it in the middle. I then put my kids hair in a ponytail , I then took this hair and bobby pinned around her ponytail. I just kept wrapping around the pony tail and pit in a bobby pin every inch or so. I then proceeded to put in another rubberband with this hair included in the pony. Then the bow rubber band and another to make it stand up! Even if every single bobby pin came out it is still rubber band several times. Virtually no way at all for it not to fall out. If you don't understand I'll try to get pics or videos explaining it! Let me know ...Good luck!
I think i get it! Thanks! Where did you get them? And how much did you pay?

Are double downs illegal on the basketball court for college?
Last year when I cheered, we were not allowed to even twist down.
Yes. So are full downs.
I thought full downs were okay as of last year? I remember my senior year if HS we couldn't full on the track or court but I thought they had changed it back to be able to do them last season? Hmm guess not!
I've been out of the college scene for a while and don't pay attention to the rules anymore so disclaimer that I could be wrong.... however full downs on gym floor are LEGAL now for high schools so I would assume college too. They were made illegal a couple of seasons ago, that lasted one year and then last year they became legal again. Doubles are still a no. College however could be different, but I can't imagine they would let high schools and middle schools do them and not college teams.

I've been out of the college scene for a while and don't pay attention to the rules anymore so disclaimer that I could be wrong.... however full downs on gym floor are LEGAL now for high schools so I would assume college too. They were made illegal a couple of seasons ago, that lasted one year and then last year they became legal again. Doubles are still a no. College however could be different, but I can't imagine they would let high schools and middle schools do them and not college teams.

Looks like you can full down, no more than 1 1/4 turn though:

AACCA

1. At indoor court-type games such as basketball, the following skills may only be performed during pre-game, half-time, or post-game (not during timeouts) where the area is free of obstructions and non-cheer personnel, and all skills are performed on a matted surface.
    1. Basket tosses, elevator/sponge tosses and other similar multi-based tosses.
    2. Partner stunts in which the base uses only one arm to support the top person. Exception: Cupies/awesomes are allowed with an additional spotter.
    3. Flips into or from partner stunts.
    4. Inversions. Exception: High school level inversions are allowed. (For example, suspended forward and backward rolls, low-level inversions, and braced flips with two bracers are allowed. For college, the two bracers and top person are not required to be double based.
    5. Twisting dismounts greater than 1 1/4 rotation. Twisting dismounts up to 1 1/4 rotation on the court require an additional spotter.
    6. Two and one half person high pyramids.
    7. Airborne twisting tumbling skills (Arabians, full twisting layouts, etc. Cartwheels, roundoffs and aerial cartwheels are allowed.)

and p.s. i wasn't loving the SSX unis at first, but they really perform well. i'm into them.
I think the picture they originally posted it with (hair down, bangs down, etc) really threw off the entire uniforms impression. It looks so much better comp ready.

Where are Louisville Cheer apparel available? and same with team canada?
Sorry if this isn't a good place to ask this, unsure where to ask!
Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance
team canada you can usually only get if your on the team or trade and they sell it at a few comps before icu worlds, try posting in the o canada thread in the international section i think somebody should be able to help, i cant remember her tag though.

Thanks in advance

At one point you could buy the Team Canada apparel on the Pro Cheer website, but now that I'm trying to find it, it's not on there any more.

random question not even related to cheering but ... the point jumper and the girl standing in the middle of the circle in the beginning .... what color hair would you say that is ?? I have been wanting my hair to be that color but I dont know exactly what to tell them so that it comes out that color hahaa

It's something close to red violet 45/55. My hair is the same color as hers, I told my stylist I wanted 45/55 but she suggested I dye it a level up, not sure what numbers it is though.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

At one point you could buy the Team Canada apparel on the Pro Cheer website, but now that I'm trying to find it, it's not on there any more.
thats what i thought too, i went back to add to my xmas list and poof pro shop gone!
team canada you can usually only get if your on the team or trade and they sell it at a few comps before icu worlds, try posting in the o canada thread in the international section i think somebody should be able to help, i cant remember her tag though.
okay, thank you! i will have to do that

Back