All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can see things on both sides. Yes I understand it's technically cruel to leave your team high and dry 30 days before worlds, but some of these kids don't have a choice. And for the people saying oh just live with another teammate till the season Is over.... I can tell you that if I was 16/17 my parents would never agree to just leave me in Cali for 30 days while they moved half across the country. (Just as a reference)... Yes there are some who would be ok with it, but there is a lot of parents out there who wouldn't. So i think it's kinda sad that team mates get thrown under the bus by their old team because they were forced to move for outside reasons. You'd think after cheering so long with people they would be the first to understand. But clearly that isn't the case with some.
I'm not saying that I think that she should stay in Cali but this is just a thought. It's understandable that people would question their intentions when they and their parents make cheerleading such a big part of their lives that they travel and do appearances and such. You'd think that someone who can do things like that can also stay with a teammate for 30 days. Once again just a thought.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

that schedule is a hot mess... but just a guess that with the movie filming, odds are that they will need various angles and shots so while their scores may not be counted until night time, it doesn't totally surprise me that they'd be performing a few times.
that doesnt really explain why only a few of them are listed as going twice though..

that doesnt really explain why only a few of them are listed as going twice though..
All 28 teams that are part of the league are listed at the top part of the schedule and then again at the bottom after the wild card teams. They all go twice.

All 28 teams that are part of the league are listed at the top part of the schedule and then again at the bottom after the wild card teams. They all go twice.
ohh now i see it, kinda hard to tell since some are in bold and others arent. some have the division they are in listed next to them and some dont.. odd and still kinda confusing the way the schedule was put together though. it just looks a hot mess to me.

I can see things on both sides. Yes I understand it's technically cruel to leave your team high and dry 30 days before worlds, but some of these kids don't have a choice. And for the people saying oh just live with another teammate till the season Is over.... I can tell you that if I was 16/17 my parents would never agree to just leave me in Cali for 30 days while they moved half across the country. (Just as a reference)... Yes there are some who would be ok with it, but there is a lot of parents out there who wouldn't. So i think it's kinda sad that team mates get thrown under the bus by their old team because they were forced to move for outside reasons. You'd think after cheering so long with people they would be the first to understand. But clearly that isn't the case with some.
not 100% relevant/important but I'm fairly sure she's like 13/14 is she not? I'm pretty sure this is her first year to be worlds eligible. no one in their right mind can EXPECT a 13 year old to not move with their family and stay with friends for a month more of cheerleading...

I'm just confused as to why she can't take the rest of the season off if it's only 38 days until worlds. Why go through the trouble of switching a gym so close to the end of the season? She couldn't just wait until tryouts for next season?

I'm not sure if this is true, but on tumblr I saw that apparently Jungle Cats had re-tryouts for Worlds?

Judging by some things I saw on Twitter, I think most if not all CA Worlds teams had "re-tryouts" in a sense.
i also heard a rumor that CA wont be staying at the allstar resort this year for worlds, mainly saw it on twitter so dont know how reliable that is.

I'm just confused as to why she can't take the rest of the season off if it's only 38 days until worlds. Why go through the trouble of switching a gym so close to the end of the season? She couldn't just wait until tryouts for next season?

I think if I were in that situation, and this was my first year I could go to Worlds (I think someone mentioned she was on a junior team last year?) and my training all year had been focused on getting to Worlds, I'd probably do whatever I needed to to still go to Worlds. If that's the goal for your entire season I completely get wanting to achieve it if possible, even if other factors get in the way.

Back