All-Star *really* Small Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 14, 2010
Two of the teams I'm coaching this year are really small (one team of eleven and one of twelve). I think there was a thread about this a few months ago but I can't seem to find it; anyone have an videos (or suggestions) for formations, stunts, pyramids, etc.? We considered combining them and having a larger team, but they would not be competitive that way so we decided to just have two smaller teams. The level system in my program doesn't match up to USASF [we are not allstars], but the teams would be similar to a level 2/3 and a level 4/5. :)

Our Tiny team has 12 and our Mini team has 13. I would say spread them out a little, but don't spread them out too much. Otherwise, the floor is going to look huge. Use formations with rows to give the perception of depth

You could combine them and have them just excibition at comps. It wouldnt give them any competitiob but they would be a larger team and could do more!

I don't see why you'd have to combine, it's totally do-able. This was a team in my area a couple years ago (my friend was on the team actually :) ), and they were awesome! The videos at an awkward angle, but here you go:

There's 13 on that team. It's a little outdated since it's from 08, but still pretty good IMO

my sr 3 last season was 12 on the floor and we did it! & won!

JUST KNOW YOUR TEAMS, WEAKNESS, STRENGHT, and make sure you know what they could handle in a routine or what they cant dont over shoot!

Use shoulder sits/stands in the pyramid instead of elevators. They dont need extra spotters.

senior year i had eleven girls on my team.
as far as pyramids go, like you're talking about, partner stunt with the brace groups.
and only have 2/3 stunt groups. if your team is small, you're still maxed out, so you don't have to worry about not getting points for fewer stunts. although, it'd be pretty sweet to see an all girl squad put up four partner based stunts if you can get that to work out with the team of 12.

Back