Rebel Athletic Designs

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Sterling von Shimmer, Nov 10, 2018 at 1:25 AM.

1. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Does anyone know if Rebel offers full top options for the crop top designs? I’m looking to order AS-style uniforms for my team next year and we need full-coverage, long-sleeve tops (not bodysuits). Except I literally only see about seven full tops in the catalog which doesn’t seem like a huge selection. So I’m wondering if the crop tops are also available in full tops. Any insight would be great. Thanks.

2. KPep

KPep Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    Weela78
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    I am pretty sure they do! They are quite accomodating.

3. BlueCat

BlueCat Roses are red, cats are blue National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    jodymelton
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    Verified Member:
    Jody Melton
    Owner of Cheer Athletics
    They have made several different full tops for us and we have been very pleased.

4. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Do you have any experience with open shoulder/off the shoulder tops? I like the look but have never been sure how functional it is. Does the fabric curl or ripple around the shoulders when the girls put their arms up? Thanks.

5. coacha

coacha I nugget in the back

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Don’t you coach high school? My admin would have a hissy fit if we had bare shoulders.

And bras?

Just say no.

6. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    They’re actually pretty liberal with cheer and dance uniforms. Exposed shoulders are ok. The only thing they really care about is no cleavage and no bare bellies. I’ve never had any criticisms. But that could be because I’m downright conservative compared to the last coach. And I’m not that conservative.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 11:55 PM
  7. omgitssydthekid

omgitssydthekid Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    sydneywright496
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Regardless of what the school is fine with, a full top off the shoulder uniform is a disaster. With a crop top, there is some level of support but with a full top there is nothing. The only bra that athletes can wear with that is a strapless bra, and that is not suitable for an athletic activity. I would have hated this as an athlete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I’ve accepted that regardless of the Rebel design we go with, the girls will need a “statement” bra underneath it. Even the tops with covered shoulders usually have cutouts or some strappy design in the back where it’s better to find a bra that works with it rather than against it. The downside of this is that the girls pay out of pocket for bras and while it would be nice to have a customised Rebel bra for under their uniform, I’m worried it’ll be too expensive even without all the sparkly design elements. But our primary color is navy so even if they do cost too much I don’t think it’ll be too hard to find something for underneath, even if it’s just a strappy racerback under a cutout.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 6:44 PM
  9. mischiefmanaged

mischiefmanaged I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    CP has a full top Rebel uniform with zero cutouts. She can wear whatever bra she wants under it because the bra isn’t seen.

10. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Yeah I know they have a couple full top designs with covered backs, but so far nothing I’m in love with. Also my reasoning for going through Rebel is to get a more AS look, which to me means a flashy back. Our sideline unis all have closed, plain backs so I want to do something different. Plus these are for comp and I want a top that breathes a bit so the girls don’t complain about feeling suffocated in a hot gym.

11. ScottyB

ScottyB There are Cheeropedia articles about me!

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    there is your problem, you are putting sparkly elements on a school cheer uniform...

go coach all star if you want the glam stuff, school cheer doesn't need MORE costs. you're doing a disservice to your team if you go this direction.

12. cfwp.cheerleader

cfwp.cheerleader Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Also @Sterling von Shimmer you seem to have quite the opinion regarding the costs of cheer in other threads, and have made numerous comments against the 'beauty' aspect of the sport ...

13. omgitssydthekid

omgitssydthekid Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    sydneywright496
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    You’ve accepted this? That’s great. But you’re not the person wearing it. Your high school team doesn’t need a strappy/flashy back. Get something that covers them up and that they’ll be able to be comfortable in. How it looks is not as important as how it feels. It’s high school, get something that looks clean. Shoulder cut outs aren’t going to allow the girls to “breathe” any better than covered shoulders. Covered shoulders aren’t going to suffocate them. My high school (many moons ago) has won state like 7 times. Each time with covered shoulders. It can definitely be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List