Rec Cheer/nfhs Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 23, 2011
My sister is coaching a rec team and at their competitions they follow the NFHS rules. For a pyramid they found a skill from Cali Code 3 2012 pyramid,
(At 2:07)
The rules state for inversions:
  1. Two bases (original or new) are in a position to protect the head/neck/shoulder area of the top person.
  2. These bases must maintain contact with the top person’s upper body (waist or above, including arms) until the top person is no longer inverted or his/her hands are on the performance surface.
  3. The top person cannot go to an inverted position on the performance surface from a prep position.
The only thing I have a question about is #3. Is that stunt in a prep position and making it illegal? Can someone make sure there are no hidden rules that make this stunt totally illegal? At the first three comps they will be intermediate. One of the competitions follows USASF rules, which means level 2 for intermediate so we may have to end up going advanced because of our level of stunts.
Can someone confirm?

My sister is coaching a rec team and at their competitions they follow the NFHS rules. For a pyramid they found a skill from Cali Code 3 2012 pyramid,
(At 2:07)
The rules state for inversions:
  1. Two bases (original or new) are in a position to protect the head/neck/shoulder area of the top person.
  2. These bases must maintain contact with the top person’s upper body (waist or above, including arms) until the top person is no longer inverted or his/her hands are on the performance surface.
  3. The top person cannot go to an inverted position on the performance surface from a prep position.
The only thing I have a question about is #3. Is that stunt in a prep position and making it illegal? Can someone make sure there are no hidden rules that make this stunt totally illegal? At the first three comps they will be intermediate. One of the competitions follows USASF rules, which means level 2 for intermediate so we may have to end up going advanced because of our level of stunts.
Can someone confirm?

I'm not seeing which move you're talking about. It's in the pyramid?

at 2:07, where the flyer has her feet up, then flips up to a lib.
Well it doesn't violate #3 because she flips to a lib and doesn't land inverted on the performing surface. i believe they mean don't do a prep and back walkover out, or put her straight to handstand. Or any inversion on the ground

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Well it doesn't violate #3 because she flips to a lib and doesn't land inverted on the performing surface. i believe they mean don't do a prep and back walkover out, or put her straight to handstand. Or any inversion on the ground

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Okay, thank you! That clears that rule up a bit lol

Back