High School Reebok Freestyle Hi Shoe

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They are pretty true to size. I tried to tumble in them one time after I got my nfinities just for fun and MAN did they feel heavy! Very clunky shoes! I keep them in my closet just in case I need them for a costume though haha

@ilikebigbows hmm, maybe i wont get them then. I just wanted them cause they say it has really good ankle support and I keep getting ankle sprains tumbling.
Ankle strengthening exercises are probably a better idea as a long-term fix. A shoe may help in the short term, but I've heard that they're similar to braces in that your ankles get used to them and begin to rely on them, eventually making your ankles weaker. I'm not a doctor, but that's the rumor on the streets.

@hailey lynne, I wore them for my first five years of my ten-year cheerleading career. They may have more ankle support than Nfinities, but it's really not enough to be significant, but then again, I have never had problems with my ankles. Technically they were made as street shoes and not for cheer so they will seem very stiff and heavy compared to your Nfinities. When I switched from the Reeboks to Nfinities, my ankles didn't hurt or feel unsupported because I wasn't wearing high-tops. I would have to agree with the previous post saying that strengthening your ankles will be much more effective if you have been having ankle problems.

ETA: I just realized that this is in the high school forum and not the allstar one. I would definitely recommend the Reeboks over the Nfinities (unless you have the game day Nfinities) if you are looking for cheer shoes for football/basketball season. Nfinities on the basketball floor hurt!! Varsity makes some that I really like for game day called Touchdown. Light but sturdy. I would still recommend ankle exercises!

I learned how to tumble in reebok high tops lol I still have them in my closet actually :p

@AliciaM did you like them?
Actually yes! For a non cheer shoe they were pretty good and I liked them for the ankle support. I'm prone to ankle sprains and they definitely helped with not being able to roll as much. I still take though since I have a bad ankle that I've broken.

Back