All-Star Requests For Helping A Community In Need

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CheerKatie08

ESPN Star
Dec 15, 2009
Hi everyone! I know I haven't been posting as much lately and here is why...

I currently teach in a high-poverty area of Detroit. It has always been my dream to teach in a low-income area and I love everything about it. Currently, my classroom is not safe enough for my first graders. We have heavy books falling out of shelves. I am reaching out to my cheerleading family in hopes that my students will be able to sit on the carpet and choose their own books again. We had an injury due to a bookcase falling & all students must learn from their seats until the situation is fixed.

I spent all of my own money on their notebooks, folders, etc and will not be paid for a while, so I put together a list of supplies we need and this website will send all items DIRECTLY to my classroom. I will never receive any form of check or items sent to my house! With the code INSPIRE by 9/15, your donation will be matched dollar-for-dollar. I would REALLY appreciate anything you can do to help my students and we will gladly mail thank-you notes to individuals and gyms who support!

All my love and wishes for a great season,
Katie Rogers

Detroit's Dynamite Readers

Where do you put the code word? I don't see any spot for it.

Hi! I just e-mailed the website to ask! They just said it will come up on the payment screen... thanks!

ETA: in the section that says "promo/gift code" on that screen!

Last edited:
Will you be looking for books as well? I'm sure that the Fierceboarders would be great at a book drive.

We actually have a TON of books, which is the reason why I am requesting bins on the page! Big Sean (yup... the rapper) came by our school right before I was hired and donated a new library to each classroom in our building since we are one of the highest need schools in the district. It was such a great feeling to walk into a room with a completely full bookshelf! However, the kids get a little too excited when pulling them from the shelves, causing several to fall out at a time and we've had a few bumps on the head. For now, the bookshelf is off limits, along with the carpet area next to the bookshelves. When they're in bins, they will be easier for them to look through without hurting themselves! Thank you so so much for asking and offering :)

Are there any other items your classroom could use?
So many of us have, or know many others who have, extras of "stuff" that we don't think much about but would be an awesome addition for your classroom.

Hi everyone! I know I haven't been posting as much lately and here is why...

I currently teach in a high-poverty area of Detroit. It has always been my dream to teach in a low-income area and I love everything about it. Currently, my classroom is not safe enough for my first graders. We have heavy books falling out of shelves. I am reaching out to my cheerleading family in hopes that my students will be able to sit on the carpet and choose their own books again. We had an injury due to a bookcase falling & all students must learn from their seats until the situation is fixed.

I spent all of my own money on their notebooks, folders, etc and will not be paid for a while, so I put together a list of supplies we need and this website will send all items DIRECTLY to my classroom. I will never receive any form of check or items sent to my house! With the code INSPIRE by 9/15, your donation will be matched dollar-for-dollar. I would REALLY appreciate anything you can do to help my students and we will gladly mail thank-you notes to individuals and gyms who support!

All my love and wishes for a great season,
Katie Rogers

Detroit's Dynamite Readers
I have so much respect for you and what your doing! I attended the Detroit Public School system many years ago and I know how much that we lacked in books and supplies back then.
I still reside in the metro area, but I have so much hope for Detroit still! It's a wonderful thing your doing and I will help support however I can and spread the word!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back