All-Star Restricted 5 Vs. Level 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 29, 2011
I have always wondered what was a gyms deciding factor between placing a strong lv. 4 athlete or SR5? Is it if they have jumps to back? If they can stunt strong on that level? This is also for a situation if a girl is in between levels. If she can do a running full but her standing tumbling is to a layout is she more of a level 4 athlete or 5?

If you have the running full, then a full in your standing should be close behind. Since it's restricted, often times standing tumbling to a full is less in number on a team than running...at least to my observation. There is also a huge jump in stunting difficulty from 4 to 5...so a weak tumbler but a strong base can be a huge asset to a restricted 5 team in a whole different way.

I can't speak for all gyms, but the gym I coach at had a SR Coed 4 last year that began competing at R5 towards the end of the year. They had quite a few athletes obtain level 5 skills and wanted to give them a place to compete them.

Jumps to tuck, running full...but not worlds ready is a great place for restricted. It's also a great place for people who are better than a four but not worlds ready.

I have always wondered what made an athlete more one level than another. Like ive had friends placed on level 2 because their gyms didn't have the correct level for them even though they had skills beyond that

I have always wondered what made an athlete more one level than another. Like ive had friends placed on level 2 because their gyms didn't have the correct level for them even though they had skills beyond that
I think that probably varies gym to gym and even season to season depending on any given team's needs, strengths and weaknesses.

Back