All-Star Restricting Tumbling To Your All Star Gym Only??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We have switched gyms but not our tumbling instructor... He has been with my CP for years and he is like family.
It takes a long time to make a special bond with an instructor and it pays off in the end! Our current gym has absolutley no problem with us going outside of the gym for instruction.They are quite secure!!
I think they give us parents and the atheletes credit that we will not go to some fly by night operation that will have kids doing things that they are not ready for or could hurt themselves doing. Gyms should stick to ruling what goes on in their 4 walls!! I wouldn't want to be a part of an insecure orginization.

I disagree. On any other topic, we use real life examples (team a beat team b) and give the reasons. This is no different from the other real life examples we use on the thousands of other threads. And, judging by the posts piling up on this thread it's a viable and real issue that people have a host of opinions on. Thank you for your thoughts.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the topic, I don't think the way you presented it is appropriate. I actually like seeing the different replies that people have given, different sides to the same situation are always beneficial. Calling out a specific gym in the way you did is. again, inappropriate.

To me, it has nothing to do with trusting where you are at. I COMPLETELY trust the coaches at the gym my kids tumble at. For a while, it had to do with comfort level in learning new, very high level skills. They felt comfortable with someone they had been tumbling with their entire lives. So that is where they continued to want to tumble...nothing to do with the GYM, just the instructor. And they continued to tumble with him for a couple of years and there was never any doubt that they would stay at the gym they are at. Tumbling elsewhere had no bearing on where they wanted to cheer. So they are NOT at the wrong gym. Not at all. They LOVE it there and love their coaches.

My reply was to meanj. He indicated that the customer was not happy with the services provided by the gym. If the customer is not happy then maybe they are not in the right place.

If you read my post I said that if you want or need to go somewhere else, you should discuss it with your gym if they have a policy stating that you aren't allowed to tumble anywhere but your home gym. Sounds like you have a long standing relationship with your kids tumbling coach and that is great!

I agree 100%. You could have very easily asked this question without copying an email that was sent out from your gym.

I agree - it comes off, even if it wasn't intended to, as a slam on a particular gym.

That being said, I will quote my high school baseball coach:

"These are my rules. They are not the same rules as other baseball coaches, or even other coaches at our school. If you do not like these rules and do not want to abide by them, you are free to play another sport or transfer."

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I agree - it comes off, even if it wasn't intended to, as a slam on a particular gym.

That being said, I will quote my high school baseball coach:

"These are my rules. They are not the same rules as other baseball coaches, or even other coaches at our school. If you do not like these rules and do not want to abide by them, you are free to play another sport or transfer."

I don't think @meanj was "slamming" the gym, simply passing on what they, themselves, sent out, and giving a personal opinion about it.
And, of course, people can leave if they don't like it, but that could be said about anything in this industry. Don't like the crowding in the Milk House? Don't go to Worlds. Don't like the fact that you can't wear other gym's tees at your gym? Leave. Don't like "inappropriate" threads? Don't comment on them.

I don't think @meanj was "slamming" the gym, simply passing on what they, themselves, sent out, and giving a personal opinion about it.
And, of course, people can leave if they don't like it, but that could be said about anything in this industry. Don't like the crowding in the Milk House? Don't go to Worlds. Don't like the fact that you can't wear other gym's tees at your gym? Leave. Don't like "inappropriate" threads? Don't comment on them.
I don't think the "thread" is inappropriate, I think the manor in which it was posted was.

I don't think the "thread" is inappropriate, I think the manor in which it was posted was.

Maybe I'm not understanding your POV, but I don't get how it's inappropriate. When anyone says anything, be it verbally, or electronically, they open themselves up to having to back up their statement. The fact that the email was posted here might stink for Nitros, but, hey, if you don't want people to express their opinion about what you say, then don't put it out there yourself.

It most definitely is! I've seen some of the people that were doing this and it was for very good reason.

I think the better solution is to improve your gym and the quality you provide there. If they are losing kids because the kids tumble elsewhere, something is wrong in their OWN house. It's not the other gym's fault OR the kid's fault. I don't think there is a good reason for having this policy. I think it shows insecurity if anything.

Just a thought, but it seems to me ECN has been in the spotlight alot lately........ maybe we shoulkd consider why?

I'm too close (proximity) to comment and be reasonable.
Plus, I've seen & know far too much to be helpful.

Just a thought, but it seems to me ECN has been in the spotlight alot lately........ maybe we shoulkd consider why?
Even though I'm probably too close to comment I will say that here have been a lot of drastic things that have happened in there recently and they are losing a lot of good people because they are just tired of dealing with it. People stay there because they want to win, but sometimes winning isn't worth all the strife you go through to be in the program.

Back