All-Star Results Dispute.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 10, 2012
What do you do when you get the scores back and you see that your squad scored the lowest for overall stunts. However, you were only 1 of 4 teams in the 14 teams competing who had tic tocs, dual basing and, half up to extension, handstand inversion, half up to one leg extension pyramids, tic toc to extension pyramid etc.

I was actually so shocked. Our routine on paper got praised, obviously there were a few timing issues which they stated in jumps, but nothing fell. They said the single leg dual base and dual base extension was very solid. They loved the opener, loved our pyramid, loved the jump transitions, said 2 of our flyers needed to work on flexibility.

But our stunt scored lower than a group that didn't even do an extension (this is level 2) and didn't even have a pyramid. It makes no sense.

My issue is, we came 4th last competition with a routine that was about 10 times easier and we had woobles. We came out and had inserted all the harder level 2 stunts, upped our tumbling and made our pyramid the hardest we could! We had no woobles, no falls, nothing. We got a 0.7 deduction for a tumbling pass.

Also, same thing occurred in our pom routine. We hit a solid routine, we had alot of jazz elements and alot of formations and transitions. We got 2nd last competition and came last this competition. ONe judge gave us a winning score, the 2nd judge gave us a score that was 8 points lower! The group that came 3rd there was a 10 point difference between the 1st judge and 2nd judge. The judge that scored us badly had given all the other groups 10 points higher than us! Once again, nothing said on paper, said it was a great routine.

What do you do if this occurs? I am just so confused and frustrated. Difficulty level is just that...difficulty level. If a group doesn't have those stunts then how the heck was there stunt difficulty level higher!

Start with contacting their judging coordinator for more insight to their grid. If they can answer your questions and the scores are correct, you learned something and got it straight from the horses mouth! If they are incorrect & then you get to see how they resolve the issue and how much you like their customer service! Either way, it's worth a phone call to the people in charge.

What do you do when you get the scores back and you see that your squad scored the lowest for overall stunts. However, you were only 1 of 4 teams in the 14 teams competing who had tic tocs, dual basing and, half up to extension, handstand inversion, half up to one leg extension pyramids, tic toc to extension pyramid etc.

I was actually so shocked. Our routine on paper got praised, obviously there were a few timing issues which they stated in jumps, but nothing fell. They said the single leg dual base and dual base extension was very solid. They loved the opener, loved our pyramid, loved the jump transitions, said 2 of our flyers needed to work on flexibility.

But our stunt scored lower than a group that didn't even do an extension (this is level 2) and didn't even have a pyramid. It makes no sense.

My issue is, we came 4th last competition with a routine that was about 10 times easier and we had woobles. We came out and had inserted all the harder level 2 stunts, upped our tumbling and made our pyramid the hardest we could! We had no woobles, no falls, nothing. We got a 0.7 deduction for a tumbling pass.

Also, same thing occurred in our pom routine. We hit a solid routine, we had alot of jazz elements and alot of formations and transitions. We got 2nd last competition and came last this competition. ONe judge gave us a winning score, the 2nd judge gave us a score that was 8 points lower! The group that came 3rd there was a 10 point difference between the 1st judge and 2nd judge. The judge that scored us badly had given all the other groups 10 points higher than us! Once again, nothing said on paper, said it was a great routine.

What do you do if this occurs? I am just so confused and frustrated. Difficulty level is just that...difficulty level. If a group doesn't have those stunts then how the heck was there stunt difficulty level higher!
Was it the same judge in both instances?

Doesn't state, but one of the judges who I had a falling out with over was judging both those divisions. Can't really go into much more detail as I know many of the people that competition are on here.

Call her. She's not that scary. Although I find her terrifying sometimes! But just call her. That way you'll know either way. Or wait til video comes out and call her and ask her to go through it with you. She's really cares about the sport and would want to help you resolve this, promise.

Back