Ribbon?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Kellys25

Cheer Parent
Mar 1, 2013
My cp is trying out for a new team this year and they said she needs to wear a ribbon in her hair, black shorts, and black shirt. Her other team she was on had her wear a cheer bow to tryouts, so what's with the ribbon. Is it just ribbon that I get at the craft store? Should I get black to match her tryout clothes or whatever color she wants? Thanks!

Ask the office what they want? Our gym tells the girls to wear a black ribbon, but everyone wears a black bow. I would coordinate with her clothes, but if you don't have a black one then I'd let her wear one that she already has.

Yes, just plain grosgrain ribbon from a craft store. Most people use 2.25 or 3 inch ribbon. I always buy a yard and then cut the tails to however long I want them once its in my hair. Run the ribbon through a flat iron on a low setting to get out any wrinkles, tie it on a hair tie, then once that is in the hair, spray the ponytail and ribbon with hairspray so it stays stiff and perky. Personally, I would wear one of the gyms colors rather than a black ribbon, but that's just me. White always looks nice and is eye catching against a black outfit. Good luck to your CP at her new gym!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Thanks! Wow Ash, you're amazing! Thank you so much! Her new team has awesome bright colors so I think I'll let her pick what color she wants from them.

Back