All-Star Rip Amanda

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is so upsetting. RIP Amanda. my prayers go out to her family, loved ones, and cheer community. I hope those kids that tortured her realize that the things you say to people do affect them. and i hope they do something about the man that started the whole thing. No one should have to have a mistake they made in 7th grade follow them everywhere they go.

Seeing this has really opened my eyes to what bullying can do. I hope that one day we can live in a world where no child ever has to suffer like this. It starts with all of us. Coaches take the time today to tell your athletes how special they really are and let them know that you are always there for them. Prayers for the Todd family. She is in a better place.

#RIPAmandaTodd trended worldwide earlier. Amazing to see such incredible support around the world for such a heartbreaking story. I can not even begin to imagine what her friends and family are going through, this is such a tragedy.
It would be so wonderful if she could have seen all the support and love before this tragedy happened. I wish she knew that so many would have been behind her.

This a heartbreaking story. I wish I knew this girl so I could have helped her.

Anti bullying doesn't just need a month. It needs to be year round. Until people take a stand and stop allowing this to happen, there are going to be countless more Amanda's. My 13 year old daughter was bullied because she was going to try out for school cheer! A sport she has devoted countless hours to and is her life. Some girls were threatened by her, they knew she would make the team and perhaps one of them wouldn't. They were so ugly over something so minor as just hearing she was trying out for cheer, I can't imagine how terrible her experience had been if she made a mistake like Amanda did. You have no idea how negatively this 2 day experience affected my daughter, it still makes me tear up to remember it.

So, it's up to all of us to be the change that needs to happen. If you know someone having a hard time, be kind to them, support them, be their friend. I imagine its hard to stand up to bullies, but I say tell on them. Once bullies lose their power, they are nothing.

It makes me sad to think of how many kids are feeling as bad as Amanda.

This a heartbreaking story. I wish I knew this girl so I could have helped her.

Anti bullying doesn't just need a month. It needs to be year round. Until people take a stand and stop allowing this to happen, there are going to be countless more Amanda's. My 13 year old daughter was bullied because she was going to try out for school cheer! A sport she has devoted countless hours to and is her life. Some girls were threatened by her, they knew she would make the team and perhaps one of them wouldn't. They were so ugly over something so minor as just hearing she was trying out for cheer, I can't imagine how terrible her experience had been if she made a mistake like Amanda did. You have no idea how negatively this 2 day experience affected my daughter, it still makes me tear up to remember it.

So, it's up to all of us to be the change that needs to happen. If you know someone having a hard time, be kind to them, support them, be their friend. I imagine its hard to stand up to bullies, but I say tell on them. Once bullies lose their power, they are nothing.

It makes me sad to think of how many kids are feeling as bad as Amanda.
A million shimmys for this. I don't know if any adult tried to step in at any point or if her mother or father knew what was going on in detail, but it makes me even sadder that she posted the video a month ago and still no one was able to help save her. It's so important to talk to our kids and let them know that no matter how horrible a situation they feel they have gotten themselves into, there will always be someone to help them find their way out of it, and not to have it end this way because they feel its their only choice to stop the pain.

Amanda, you remind me of me when I was 18. I wish I could go back to the young woman I was then and tell her it never gets better in the way you imagine, but you learn how to cope and you learn how to trust those around you when they tell you you are worth it, you are loved and you are wanted. The physical scars never go away, but at least I am alive to see them every day. Bless you, sweet girl, and I hope you are no longer hurting and you have found peace.

To the children who participated in this torment, I hope you too find peace with your actions and go on to prevent others from acting in the same reckless, hurtful and damaging manner. It is never too late to change, and I hope from the bottom of my heart that you never forget how to be good.

RIP Amanda Todd.

A million shimmys for this. I don't know if any adult tried to step in at any point or if her mother or father knew what was going on in detail, but it makes me even sadder that she posted the video a month ago and still no one was able to help save her. It's so important to talk to our kids and let them know that no matter how horrible a situation they feel they have gotten themselves into, there will always be someone to help them find their way out of it, and not to have it end this way because they feel its their only choice to stop the pain.

During the video, I noticed that she said she switched schools and moved... Kudos to her parents for trying to move her around, and get her out of these situations. It seems like these kids kept stalking her out to find her and make her life miserable. It's unreal how kids treat other kids these days, and I don't see it ending anytime soon. I see kids online fighting and saying rude things to each other all the time-they think it's the norm. It makes me scared and sad for kids with today's technology.

I'm so saddened by this. I'm debating whether or not to show it to my 12 year old cp. I think I need to. My heart goes out to her family.
I showed it to my 12 year old....I wanted her to understand 2 things....
1. A picture like that can ruin your entire life! Once it is out there you can never get it back.
2. If you see another kid who is being bullied or picked on, be a friend. You could be the one that makes a diference in their life!

During the video, I noticed that she said she switched schools and moved... Kudos to her parents for trying to move her around, and get her out of these situations. It seems like these kids kept stalking her out to find her and make her life miserable. It's unreal how kids treat other kids these days, and I don't see it ending anytime soon. I see kids online fighting and saying rude things to each other all the time-they think it's the norm. It makes me scared and sad for kids with today's technology.
the thing that boggles my brain was the disgusting comments posted underneath her video last night with senseless kids telling her to kill herself and stop begging for attention even though the deed was already done, and i cannot for the life of me understand why people feel like they are entitled to say those kinds of things

Maybe it's because I grew up without computers and cellphones but wouldn't a lot of the "stalking" and harassment be nipped in the bud by deleting a minor's facebook account?
Maybe I'm missing something but when did having an outlet to social media become a right for kids? It truly boggles my mind that there are parents out there who have no idea what is going on in their child's online life. I'm not saying that these parent's didn't but there is obviously some kind of disconnect going on if she posted the video a month ago and NO ONE stepped up to help her.
Also someone asked earlier about the kids who bullied and their parents, this behavior is learned.

Back