All-Star Routine Breakdowns

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

based on what I saw from delaware this weekend it looks like the 3 to layout half to doubles was only 2 (maybe only for this past weekend?) What do you even call that stunt like pyramid in the back of the tumbling sequence? That girl that bases them is a beast!

thanks! I do love the 36 fashionistas. you are too funny.

There are very few score sheets that you need to know an exact number of skills thrown.

As a judge, how do you keep track, though, in general? I imagine that, if I were a judge, I'd have to keep some kind of notation, tick marks or shorthand or something, to keep track of the skills performed.... but I've never received a score sheet with any kind of notation like that on it. Do you keep it on scrap paper or something? LOL - I've always wanted to know how judges do it.

As a judge, how do you keep track, though, in general? I imagine that, if I were a judge, I'd have to keep some kind of notation, tick marks or shorthand or something, to keep track of the skills performed.... but I've never received a score sheet with any kind of notation like that on it. Do you keep it on scrap paper or something? LOL - I've always wanted to know how judges do it.
Depends on what competition you are at. I tend to use scrap paper because then coaches read what you wrote, and if its even 1 person off, they complain. I've judged for several different companies. Some companies you need majority, some 60%, and some need an exact number to get into a range. I take into account the level I am judging and will write a few columns, If its level 3 I'll write, Tuck and Specialty. Then i count the numbers and will write full numbers down after the section or 2-3 times during it. When it is team tumbling or synchronized, I'll write something like 1/2 team tuck. But just because judges don't count the exact number, doesn't mean that you can easily fake skills. It is usually quite noticeable when teams fake a lot of skills. Faking 1 or 2 skills in tumbling won't impact your score, but if you do team RO Tucks, and half of them are tuck jumps, we can easily see that. When I am judging alone, i try to make notes like piked over, or not set, so i have something to look back on.

Varsity makes it really easy because there are 2 people per category. When i've judged for varsity, one person will take notes on quantity and the other takes notes about technique (at least that's how i've done it with partners i've judged with). This way you get a very accurate score.

When i'm judging local competitions and judging every category, it gets a little more difficult because you are focusing on the whole routine.

Latest posts

Back