All-Star Routines OVER 2:30

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

when you play the music we all have, with the routine at cheersport. it matches up until the pyramid

i think the difference is that the latest video is off of dartfish, and if you havent watched it from there, you can tell judging by the audio that its not the greatest quality. so my guess is that its lags because of low quality

I'm sure by Worlds it'll be well over 3 minutes. No biggie, judges have already been bribed I'm sure.......:eye roll:

It's November and folks are already bored enough to create a thread about something that no coach would overlook. My Ipod says 2:31. But, I am sure that if they took that extra shimmy out at the end of the dance, they'll still be able to perform the triple tic-tocs, aaaand keep the music at 2:30. Geeze! Come on F5 and WCSS, be amazing so that we can have something real to talk about!

my "phone" says 2:31 but it is weird that the video shows it 5 secs over... if anything im sure cea coaches wouldnt of missed this..

Well the grace period is added in for the fact that CD players don't all run at exactly the same speed and that the time is kept by a person (usually the legality judge) with a stop watch so if the rule was exactly 2:30 people would have to cut their music a little short to be safe. So if you were to go to 2:35 any little error on the part of the stop watch or difference in the sound system and you would go over time.... It wouldn't be worth it

The grace period is left over from analog playback, not digital. Tape players used to vary widely, but CDs and MP3's do not. Nowadays the music itself is what it is.

The guy timing it though with a stopwatch might need a grace period though. I think NCA is the most exact with them importing in all their music to iTunes. Any reason all the other events don't do this? It is just soooooooo nice to have.

It's November and folks are already bored enough to create a thread about something that no coach would overlook. My Ipod says 2:31. But, I am sure that if they took that extra shimmy out at the end of the dance, they'll still be able to perform the triple tic-tocs, aaaand keep the music at 2:30. Geeze! Come on F5 and WCSS, be amazing so that we can have something real to talk about!

Its because the REAL intent of the post was to throw a rock in the water and watch the ripples. if it wasnt about music it would be about some other thing to bring a gyms name up in a thread. This is becoming so so transparent.

People only badmouth things they are threatened by.

Tons of routines have been over 2:30... Its been around for years. I beleive I am correct that Senior Elites routines have ALWAYS been 5 seconds over til late in the season. I think Courtney uses that time to see what isnt hitting the scoresheet and removed eight counts later that might not be needed. I think last year, it was pyramid she took 8counts out of.

And threads like this are exactly why some gyms don't want their videos posted....thanks.

CEA's music seems over time, but it is really not. The speed of all of their crossovers running on and off the mat during the routine builds up a time vortex which distorts all stopwatches in the arena. This is also what allows Maddie enough air time to complete her stunt.

Back