All-Star Routines OVER 2:30

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CEA's music seems over time, but it is really not. The speed of all of their crossovers running on and off the mat during the routine builds up a time vortex distorting all stopwatches in the arena. This is also what allows Maddie enough air time to complete her stunt.

Id shimmy that... but id hate to offend you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CEA's music seems over time, but it is really not. The speed of all of their crossovers running on and off the mat during the routine builds up a time vortex which distorts all stopwatches in the arena. This is also what allows Maddie enough air time to complete her stunt.

See, you just can't afford that failure to launch or the whole house of cards falls. Pretty good stuff BlueCat.

I will say the video is a copied one from cheersport, and these videos only appeared after the one on cheersport disapeared. Trying to remove bad performances off video draws more attention to them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Do you even have to ask?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

yes, because on itunes senior elite is 2:32 and sharks were 2:35. and like i said before there were other teams with over 2:36. i didnt know at the time he was talking about the video length

yes, because on itunes senior elite is 2:32 and sharks were 2:35. and like i said before there were other teams with over 2:36. i didnt know at the time he was talking about the video length

When it comes to Rich and nit picking, he's pretty limited on his targets :glare:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Tons of routines have been over 2:30... Its been around for years. I beleive I am correct that Senior Elites routines have ALWAYS been 5 seconds over til late in the season. I think Courtney uses that time to see what isnt hitting the scoresheet and removed eight counts later that might not be needed. I think last year, it was pyramid she took 8counts out of.

This explanation makes the most sense. And honestly, if this is true about what Courtney does, I think it's a very smart and strategic move.

Does 5 seconds really make a difference?
I can't imagine what more you could do in 155 seconds that you couldn't do in the 150 seconds.

Does 5 seconds really make a difference?
I can't imagine what more you could do in 155 seconds that you couldn't do in the 150 seconds.

Ill take 5 extra seconds any day for a routine.

I live by a serious "fairness" barometer but seconds?!? Is it really that big of a deal? I say move on...

One 8 count of music only takes about 2.5-3 seconds so if we are talking about at least 1 and possibly 2 extra 8 counts it would definitely matter to me!! Every team I coach right now had to trim an 8 count of material because we couldn't fit everything we wanted to do into the routine... A full up, a standing one to full, a triple toe back, half of a cheer, a front to back tumbling pass, and a pyramid transition all only take an 8 count

Now I am NOT saying that the over time thing is a big deal, im sure it has been drastically exaggerated from 1-2 seconds up to 5 and that no one is breaking any rules, as may have been implied. I thought everyone was aware of the "grace period" and I will openly admit I have had plenty of teams compete with music that I knew was 2:31-2:32 because I knew it would be ok... I did want to make a point (although maybe slightly off topic) that an 8 count can be a big deal and all of my teams could really benefit from one more

Valid point KB!

As much as it pains me to say it though...lol...I think the thread was created to only bash one team as opposed to opening our eyes to the world of a few second overages (and that's NOT ok with my "fairness" barometer).

Back