All-Star Sandbagging

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Summit should have a rule limited changes in rosters. This may stop some of the crossing over. Makes no sense that you can say qualify with 23 "a's "and bring 32 "b's" Limit changes/alternates like worlds. Not fair that a team who got the bid can be a completely different one that goes to summit.
Should only allow for injuries.. we are told and sign contract knowing the possibilities of Summit expenses etc half a new team lol I agree with you.

Last edited:
I have typically liked CEA, and turned a blind eye to some of the things they've done just because I don't have a dog in that fight....

But reading this, I'm sure there will be some CEA parents that come and defend, but at the end of the day... Don't earn a bid with a team and then replace it with a team that isn't the same caliber as the one you put on the floor to earn the bid. I'm not saying that the revamped team won't be good by any means.... but what I am saying is that it is deceitful to go earn a Summit bid with level 5 (worlds caliber in some cases) athletes on level 4, level 3 and 4.2 team.... and then replace them with level appropriate kids for the Summit.

Its deceitful to earn a Worlds bid with a cross over from one of your flagship level 5 teams....and then replace with someone that may or may not be equally as good for Worlds.

None of this is illegal as far as USASF rules... but for me this is unethical. It's almost greed. Why earn bids for teams that in theory do not exist (due to cross overs) in the realm of Summit competitions? Its deceit. I don't have a dog in this fight like I said, but morally, as a fan and spectator of this sport, I find it disgusting.

That being said. I would now like to formally announce that I am no longer rooting for SE to win worlds....after years of being Team SE. I would like to say (and accept the fact) that I no longer find Orange to be dry toast. I am now officially rooting for Panthers and Orange. I can't root for WCSS because of my deep seeded dislike of Lady Gaga.

The way CEA operates isn't for everyone, clearly, and nothing takes away the fact that they're successful and have plenty of "happy campers"..... but like... nah. I'm done.
I'm just curious about copyrights...I thought stuff like that was a ???? Maybe the Queen of pop will be at Worlds to cheer on, can you imagine ;)

I am uncertain about this because usually try outs are mainly done when buidling a team.... new try outs for the Summit Team ????? when replacements are needed in our gym the coaches do it, kids are not given the opportunity to say hey I want to try out for xy or z to go to Summit, I think the advertisement of it does really make it seem like teams are built to win bids and now we are down to the wire so they go to the more appropriate team in which they belong and now we need to have "try outs" either way...best of luck to all going to the Summit, with these new score sheets I think we may all be in for some big surprises lol

I'm just curious about copyrights...I thought stuff like that was a ???? Maybe the Queen of pop will be at Worlds to cheer on, can you imagine ;)

...who is the Queen of Pop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Gaga?[\QUOTE]

I am sorry, but I must disagree with this title. I think, she have not put out enough music to earn that title and she needs to be in the business a lot longer than she has...Longevity, dictates these titles... Tbh, I think, Beyoncé will get that title based on her body of music, awards won and her overall affect on the music industry...Definitely, not Lady Gaga, not at this stage. To me, Lady Gaga is still evolving as an artist...

@Pebbles49 I don't disagree with you, just answering who I thought the person was talking about. If you said Queen of Pop I would immediately think Madonna or Janet Jackson. TBH, I don't understand everyone's fascination with Beyonce---she's just never been that great to me. And Lady Gaga is a little too theatrical for me. I admit both singers are good vocalists in their own right, but neither have been around long enough to be the Queen of anything, imo.

[QUOTE"SL&AM, post: 1104803, member: 39582"]@Pebbles49 I don't disagree with you, just answering who I thought the person was talking about. If you said Queen of Pop I would immediately think Madonna or Janet Jackson. TBH, I don't understand everyone's fascination with Beyonce---she's just never been that great to me. And Lady Gaga is a little too theatrical for me. I admit both singers are good vocalists in their own right, but neither have been around long enough to be the Queen of anything, imo.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you and tbh, I just mentioned Beyoncé because I could not think of anyone on the music scene that fit the lofty title of Queen of Pop... However, Madonna should have the title of the Queen, because she begat all of these women and she span decades (80s, 90s, 00, 10) of good music and great performances, definitely longevity here... All hail Madonna, Queen of Pop...

Last edited:
[QUOTE"SL&AM, post: 1104803, member: 39582"]@Pebbles49 I don't disagree with you, just answering who I thought the person was talking about. If you said Queen of Pop I would immediately think Madonna or Janet Jackson. TBH, I don't understand everyone's fascination with Beyonce---she's just never been that great to me. And Lady Gaga is a little too theatrical for me. I admit both singers are good vocalists in their own right, but neither have been around long enough to be the Queen of anything, imo.
I definitely agree you and tbh, I just mentioned Beyoncé because I could not think of anyone on the music scene that fit the lofty title of Queen of Pop... However, Madonna should have the title of the Queen, because she begat all of these women and she span decades (80s, 90s, 00, 10) of good music and great performances, definitely longevity here... All hail Madonna, Queen of Pop...[/QUOTE]
FWIW, according to Google, Madonna is the queen of pop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back