All-Star Save Goldrush! (petition Included)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 29, 2012
Mods, feel free to move this if you don't think it's entirely appropriate its in here - goldrush are a college squad here in the UK but they also compete at allstar competitions hence posting it here (as well as the larger audience)

In a nutshell, Loughborough Students Union and the Athletic Union have been gradually making the sports teams at the University more uniform and unified - this started for Goldrush with the forced change of colours from white, cardinal, gold and black to white, purple and black with gold bows - but has taken a further step in recent days. The union has requested that Goldrush (along with other teams on campus like Loughborough Lightning netball team, the Aces american football team etc) remove their name and thus remove their 20+ years of history, and rebrand simply as "Loughborough students cheerleading club"

Not only is Goldrush a very respected squad in UK cheerleading, but it is an identity - it played a HUGE part in my decision to attend Loughborough because I knew GOLDRUSH. Losing this would be detrimental to their history and their future.

The current committee started a petition with the aim of taking it to the Athletic Union to show what a mistake this rebranding would be. I have no problem with the University trying to attract more sponsorship - but Goldrush rarely see any of the big money sponsorship deals swayed by these sorts of changes anyways!

Please support Goldrush - Petition Save Goldrush

Signed, commented, supported. As a former athlete, coach and long-time supported of this amazing team I would be personally and professionally devastated if it lost its identity. Goldrush have produced some of the most mercurial talents on the UK cheerleading scene and have grown a justified reputation as one of the best university squads over here. Don't let the name die.

please, support Goldrush, in the UK the Universities don't understand Cheerleading and don't understand quite how much sports teams need a name and an identity. We have around four hundred signatures right now but if we could bump this to one thousand the University would have to listen. Please help us!

ps. thanks Abi for posting this!

I still can't fathom why the university won't allow you to be LUC - Goldrush at least.

I still can't fathom why the university won't allow you to be LUC - Goldrush at least.

I don't get it either - I can't remember a time we WEREN'T introduced at competition as "Loughborough University Goldrush" or "Loughborough Goldrush"

Everyone knows Goldrush is from Loughborough University, it's all over the team hoodies, tees etc. It's the University trying to go for bigger sponsorship deals - that NEVER benefit the smaller sports teams. Sadly cheerleading is one of the most successful clubs, but also one of the lowest in the pecking order because it's still not entirely taken seriously here.

The petition is at 1000 signatures - lets get it as high as possible!

Back