All-Star Save Maryland Acrobatics & Tumbling Program!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Attention all Fierceboarders, your help is needed!

University of Maryland Acrobatics and Tumbling (formerly UMD Competitive Cheer) is in jeopardy of being cut after this season due to budget cuts. Please click the following link, join the group, spread the word, and help save this program that has helped paved the way for college cheer!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/287550624609892/

:( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I saw them compete at Baylor last year they were amazing!
Joining the group right now!

can everyone PLEASE visit the facebook page and spread the word??? This is dream of SO many girls and budget cuts shouldn't take that dream away!!!

I made a thread in the college section that has the links to what the committee at the school things and what the President of the University had to say. Go check out those links and give your input on how this will inpact the future of NCATA and STUNT gaining NCAA status.

Signed...there is a ton of support on campus a lot of people will be outraged if they really cut these programs.

I am not against them keeping the team but I do understand why the University is doing it. I would hate to see them go, but if they do I am glad that the members will still be able to keep their scholarships until graduation and that hopefully they will still be able to compete under their sideline cheer program.

I am not against them keeping the team but I do understand why the University is doing it. I would hate to see them go, but if they do I am glad that the members will still be able to keep their scholarships until graduation and that hopefully they will still be able to compete under their sideline cheer program.
I doubt the head coach would take all of them (appearance wise). one comp cheer girl jokingly asked to if she could join, the coach responded with something along the lines of 'your skills will, but you gotta loose weight' and the girl was by no means big! but different "programs" different requirements.

I doubt the head coach would take all of them (appearance wise). one comp cheer girl jokingly asked to if she could join, the coach responded with something along the lines of 'your skills will, but you gotta loose weight' and the girl was by no means big! but different "programs" different requirements.

Wow that is just downright rude. I more so meant that they wouldn't cheer the sidelines and would remain strictly compeititon only but would still be allowed to use the university name since they would still be ran by the university.

Gotcha...yea hopefully if this all falls through, there will be a way for them to continue to cheer. I mean, keeping their scholarships is amazing but their love for cheer is what got them here in the 1st place...its just a frustrating situation all around.

Back