School Cheer And All Star

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 7, 2013
I have been in all star cheer for 9 years now and I can't see my self giving it up anytime soon but I recently move into a state that I can do both school and All Star cheer at the same time so I am pm think of trying out for my high school team this spring but I am worried that it will be hard to mange both and keep up my grades! Any advice?

Time management. If you stay organized and maximize the time you do have outside of cheer, it is definitely achievable. That means sometimes doing homework in the car to/from practices, studying during free time in class rather than sitting around & talking, etc! Also, depending on if/how competitive the HS team is, get an idea of your potential practice hour amount per week. It is a big commitment to do both teams and that could mean missing out on just hanging out with your friends after school, birthday parties, etc........you are probably used to that from doing allstar anyways though. You will want to make sure to give copies of both teams' schedules to both of your coaches to minimize conflicts once on the HS & Allstar teams!

Back