All-Star Score Sheet Question...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lablover

Cheer Parent
Mar 11, 2014
Am I reading it correctly? A team with 30 members can put up 6 stunts and score in high (most range)?

Am I reading it correctly? A team with 30 members can put up 6 stunts and score in high (most range)?
I think the extra 2 members has to either tumble or not front spot to max out. If they tumble during it, I believe they can get extra tumbling points as well? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

I think the extra 2 members has to either tumble or not front spot to max out. If they tumble during it, I believe they can get extra tumbling points as well? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!
If a team has 30 members and 6 stunt groups that is 6 (4x6=24) members not in a stunt. Years prior pretty sure you could only have 3 extra. So 6 stunts could have 27 people on team and max out. But now varsity made the group size by range (i.e. 28-30) so it seems like you have an advantage using 30 and only putting 6 stunts in the air.

This was a way by Varsity to separate the high range out a little bit more and reward those teams who are really going above and beyond. To get in the high range, only 6 stunts would be needed... however to score the highest, 7 stunts will be need to be in the air. Granted, other things need to be taken in to account such as skill difficulty and technique. In my opinion, it will be best to put up 7 stunts unless technique is greatly sacrificed...then I'd stick with 6.

This was a way by Varsity to separate the high range out a little bit more and reward those teams who are really going above and beyond. To get in the high range, only 6 stunts would be needed... however to score the highest, 7 stunts will be need to be in the air. Granted, other things need to be taken in to account such as skill difficulty and technique. In my opinion, it will be best to put up 7 stunts unless technique is greatly sacrificed...then I'd stick with 6.
technically 10 stunts of 3 could go up. Could this boost up there creativity and difficulty?

technically 10 stunts of 3 could go up. Could this boost up there creativity and difficulty?

That is a team looking to max out for sure! Obviously elite level appropriate skills, pace, transitions, variety, will all be taken into account, but it doesn't hurt to be single basing skills.

Depends on what they are doing....in level 2 for example, if they do 2-man straight up lib or body position even with perfect tech I don't see that driving difficulty or creativity very much. If they are doing tick-tocks or twisting transitions with a unique dismount (like fall to prone or 1/2 turn cradle) then yes, I would expect that to drive both creativity and difficulty. Add in a formation change and that would increase even more so.

I would say this is most often seen in Level 1 - they have 1 man stunts with a 1/4 up and a tick-tock with formation change.... that is difficult, "creative", and has a lot of tops in the air.

I think it could really bite you in the but at worlds, since everything is comparative.

It was written this way last year as well (for difficulty). The change was made for stunt quantity. Last year "full team" had to perform an elite skill to receive a 5.0 in stunt quantity. This year only 75% have to perform the elite skill to get a 5.0 in stunt quantity. Stunt difficulty always only required 75% of groups to meet the high range.

I personally love the change. It allows teams to pick their focus. If they are a strong tumbling team but weak in stunts, you can sacrifice a tenth or two tenths of a point to gain in technique.

The teams who are difficult and clean will always win out [emoji18]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back