All-Star Score Sheets Breakdown (jamz And Varsity)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 11, 2013
Ok, so I spent this year, learning and becoming familiar with all the different score sheets from the different companies and their breakdowns. I feel like our routines are based more around the score sheets now than ever before. We just had our first competition this weekend with JAMZ, and I got all our score sheets back, and I'm still having a hard time decoding where we need improvement and where we're doing okay. I can see where we scored in the high ranges, or the low ranges, but I don't understand why the scores are what they are. The grand champion team scored a 92, my team took second to them with a score of 89.8. Reading over the scores, from what I'm understanding, I think that our numbers were better, we just didn't executed as cleanly. To be honest my team had a really rough performance, and still scored that high. They had a Ton of bobbles, tons of falls and even busts and still scored that high. So what I'm wondering is how and who would be my best source to review my scoresheet with me and explain to me what areas I need to work on as I'm so very confused and I want out my teams as much as possible. I have six teams, and I'm trying to analyze all these different score sheets, and decide what changes we need to make for next competition. Now the kicker? On the competition is with USA which is a totally different scoresheet!! Needless to say I'm very stressed out, and would like someone, anyone who is proficient in the score sheets, to go over my results with me and the rubric, and try to help me find some grounds so I can understand what it is I need to improve on exactly. Thanks so much!

Ashley

I'm SO glad we're only competing on the Varsity and Jam Brands scoresheet. All that flip flopping and re-choreographing sounds awful.

Reactions: ian
Ok, so I spent this year, learning and becoming familiar with all the different score sheets from the different companies and their breakdowns. I feel like our routines are based more around the score sheets now than ever before. We just had our first competition this weekend with JAMZ, and I got all our score sheets back, and I'm still having a hard time decoding where we need improvement and where we're doing okay. I can see where we scored in the high ranges, or the low ranges, but I don't understand why the scores are what they are. The grand champion team scored a 92, my team took second to them with a score of 89.8. Reading over the scores, from what I'm understanding, I think that our numbers were better, we just didn't executed as cleanly. To be honest my team had a really rough performance, and still scored that high. They had a Ton of bobbles, tons of falls and even busts and still scored that high. So what I'm wondering is how and who would be my best source to review my scoresheet with me and explain to me what areas I need to work on as I'm so very confused and I want out my teams as much as possible. I have six teams, and I'm trying to analyze all these different score sheets, and decide what changes we need to make for next competition. Now the kicker? On the competition is with USA which is a totally different scoresheet!! Needless to say I'm very stressed out, and would like someone, anyone who is proficient in the score sheets, to go over my results with me and the rubric, and try to help me find some grounds so I can understand what it is I need to improve on exactly. Thanks so much!

Ashley
Ashley I would love to help you go over your scoresheets for the JAMZ competition you just finished competing at. Just email me at [email protected]

I'm SO glad we're only competing on the Varsity and Jam Brands scoresheet. All that flip flopping and re-choreographing sounds awful.

It's actually not to bad choreo wise, as JAMZ numbers tend to be less than varsity (varsity with their 90% tumbling rate to score high, where JAMZ is 50%+1) so we just base everything off varsity, and MOST of the time, it works out. We scored excellent this weekend. I mean a 89.8 or whatever is was is great to me when grand champs were 92. BUT it's trying to deduce what I score poorly in and need to improve on is what I get confused on. I really struggle with this and I don't want my kids to suffer. I miss old school score sheets that had ALL COMMENTS WRITTEN OUT AND EVEN A TAPE GIVEN TO YOU, that helped you see what you were doing wrong.. I attended USASF convention and took all score sheet classes available and I am still have a hard time. Not so much with choreographing to score high, but analyzing the scores I'm given back. Why? I don't know... :( but I am! I feel hopeless like ill never understand it.

Ashley

Ashley I would love to help you go over your scoresheets for the JAMZ competition you just finished competing at. Just email me at [email protected]
That would be great... But emailing will be really confusing. I am already lost I don't wanna get more lost :( I need like someone to sit with me and break down each line. I think if I did this one time I'd get it! I already understand the actual choreo part of the score sheets so much better than before, but I don't have it totally down... Like varsity on pyramids for high range wants 3 structures... JAMZ wants (for level 2) 3 separate times of the kids hitting single legs braced by one side.. Which makes no sense to me why it matters if their leg is being held, as connecting is what MAKES it a pyramid. So ya. I guess I just don't get it and it's so frustrating.

Ashley

That would be great... But emailing will be really confusing. I am already lost I don't wanna get more lost :( I need like someone to sit with me and break down each line. I think if I did this one time I'd get it! I already understand the actual choreo part of the score sheets so much better than before, but I don't have it totally down... Like varsity on pyramids for high range wants 3 structures... JAMZ wants (for level 2) 3 separate times of the kids hitting single legs braced by one side.. Which makes no sense to me why it matters if their leg is being held, as connecting is what MAKES it a pyramid. So ya. I guess I just don't get it and it's so frustrating.

Ashley
Ashley. Email me your number at [email protected] and I can call you and walk you through JAMZ scoring. Also at JAMZ while we do not focus on the structures ( by connecting on one side you have automatically created a structure by default) we focus on the difficulty of the skill in which you are performing (being braced on one side is harder than being braced on both sides) and evaluating it on that basis. That is not to say Varsity focus is solely on structures either because they are specific in what skills they want to see within those structures. However, at JAMZ your Level 2 skills in the high range for pyramids can be single leg stunts braced on only one side, as well as 1/2 twisting transitions, or inversions into the pyramid (must be legal at your Level). So depending on your team number we want to see those skills a certain number of times in order to score in the highest range.

Like I said I am more than happy to go into specifics with you regarding this. Just email me your phone number and we can have a call together in the next few days and discuss.

Ashley. Email me your number at [email protected] and I can call you and walk you through JAMZ scoring. Also at JAMZ while we do not focus on the structures ( by connecting on one side you have automatically created a structure by default) we focus on the difficulty of the skill in which you are performing (being braced on one side is harder than being braced on both sides) and evaluating it on that basis. That is not to say Varsity focus is solely on structures either because they are specific in what skills they want to see within those structures. However, at JAMZ your Level 2 skills in the high range for pyramids can be single leg stunts braced on only one side, as well as 1/2 twisting transitions, or inversions into the pyramid (must be legal at your Level). So depending on your team number we want to see those skills a certain number of times in order to score in the highest range.

Like I said I am more than happy to go into specifics with you regarding this. Just email me your phone number and we can have a call together in the next few days and discuss.
Awesome. Sending now thank you!

Ashley

Back