All-Star Scores From Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Universal scoresheet for the win!

But the universal scoresheet still doesn't fix that EPs don't publish their scores.

But the universal scoresheet still doesn't fix that EPs don't publish their scores.

A USS starts us down the path of an EP hiring officiating teams from the USASF. Sorta like now how they hire safety judges. If judging is out of the EP hands then an an eventual industry wide publication of scores will happen.

It makes me crazy that they don't publish scores, and I do hope that the universal scoresheet will help, but it also should be a requirement for any USASF sanctioned competitions. I am not a fan of Jambrands scoring at all, but ironically, they are one of the few EPs that publish their scores, so I have to give them credit for that!

A USS starts us down the path of an EP hiring officiating teams from the USASF. Sorta like now how they hire safety judges. If judging is out of the EP hands then an an eventual industry wide publication of scores will happen.

In a perfect world, that would be ideal. However, I'm not yet eager to add items to USASF's list of responsibilities. While they have made what appear from the outside to be positive steps, there are still significant fundamental issues that need to be addressed before we give them more things to be in charge of.

The number one fundamental issue: open nomination/election of officials and board members. (USASF power is still highly concentrated in a small handful of private companies and individuals.) Everything else is window dressing.

I like when they publish them, UCA regionals, NCA, ACA, Jamfest, and WSA are the ones that I notice always publish!

I love ACA because not only do they publish, they announce them at comp!

At Cheerpower they just post placements and ASC does the same. Cheerpower gives the coaches the scores for their division so that's nice but if I recall correctly ASC doesn't even give it to the coaches but only your team scores and that really doesn't help much at all if you want to see how close you were!! Good thing I agreed with our placements or I would of been upset with it! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know that there were event producers that didn't release the final scores, to be honest. As a coach I would probably be irate if I found out that I couldn't at least see the final scores of everyone in my division. I don't need to see the full breakdown of everyone's scores (although it is nice that Cheersport does that) but I want to see how far ahead or behind we are compared to the teams we competed against. You should be confident enough in your judging panel to provide that.

I didn't know that there were event producers that didn't release the final scores, to be honest. As a coach I would probably be irate if I found out that I couldn't at least see the final scores of everyone in my division. I don't need to see the full breakdown of everyone's scores (although it is nice that Cheersport does that) but I want to see how far ahead or behind we are compared to the teams we competed against. You should be confident enough in your judging panel to provide that.
I need to see the full breakdown. Coaches should be allowed to know why their team won/lost.

UCA and USA have been horrible this season about posting scores. UCA finally posted scores for a Dec 7 comp in mid January after I emailed them three times about it.

USA will only put the ranking list out from the Dec 14 comp. They will not put our the results with scores and deductions. I personally believe it is because of the crazy judging that went on. I have emailed them and asked them for them. A month later they posted the rankings. I asked for the scores. She said she could get me my CPs' divisions. Two weeks later I checked in and she said they are only released to the coach.

UCA was here again last Saturday and when I asked them when results would be up on Tuesday they said it takes a week for them to get scores, input them, etc. A week after the comp scores still aren't up. Seems silly that a Varsity company struggles with such a simple task when small EP get them up in 24-48 hours. (I'm dying to see how my mini did. Their only deduction was for their music being a second too long. What?! This is their third competition. Wouldn't that have been caught before?!)

Rant over.

Back