Scorpion To Needle

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 24, 2014
How do I get my needle? I have a pretty great scorpion, I can hold my ankle. But I dont know how to pull and lockout how people say. Help please???

Stretch, stretch, stretch, stretch, stretch, stretch. And then stretch more. It can take months. There are some really good stretching videos on youtube. Check out the ones with Gabi Butler. Make sure in any stretching that you are stretching BOTH sides!!

Stretch, stretch, stretch, stretch, stretch, stretch. And then stretch more. It can take months. There are some really good stretching videos on youtube. Check out the ones with Gabi Butler. Make sure in any stretching that you are stretching BOTH sides!!

Thank you. I know they say stretch, but I should stretch some more since I haven't got it yet.

Thank you. I know they say stretch, but I should stretch some more since I haven't got it yet.
Stretching is the thing. But as @SheCheers stated do not do it too fast! That's why I said it can take months. It isn't something that should only take a week. There may be some very rare exceptions.

A needle requires a lot of lower back flexibility - it's not really as much about leg flexibility as you would think cause there are lots of kids that have very flexible legs but can't do a needle.

The best stretch for a needle per CP is do a split on the ground then put your arms up straight by your ears and have someone pull your arms down and back towards your feet keeping both your legs and your arms straight as your back is pulled closer to the back of your leg. You will feel the stretch in your lower back and the top of your thigh.

Eta - be sure to do both sides - my CP has very unbalanced lower back flexibility due to years of doing needles only on her good side w/o working the other side :(. She's been trying to fix it.

Last edited:
Back