Scorpions???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 13, 2011
I have a really un-flexible back, and I need to get my scorpion before the end of December for competition.

Any suggestions??

Do bridges and hold them for 3 sets of half a minute. & if you can, try to keep your legs closed and straight during your bridge. Also do back leg kicks they really help :O

Stand in between two walls and do a split on the one using the other to lift your upper body up. It is very awkward at first, but after doing this everyday for a week and a half I saw improvement in my scorpion. My leg went from being bent up to a needle in about a month of consistent stretching. Also make sure you stretch both legs, it will reduce back pain and help your "right" leg straighten faster! Hope this helped!

Do bridges and walk your hands in as close to your feet as possible, then walk your hands back out, then back in, then back out and so on. That helped me.

have your back spot stretch you every day in a scorpion position, standing up and against the wall. have him or her stretch farther more and more each day

My cp stands facing me, then bends over and hugs me around my waist. I grab her upper thigh and pull her leg toward myself. It stretches her stomach and quads and really seems to be the best stretch for her.

Back