OT Scuba Diving

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 15, 2009
I am looking into going diving for the first time with a friend who is already certified but I am not sure what to expect. I will take classes at a local spot and will do my dives in Panama City. I guess my biggest concern is that I can swim and is comfortable in water but should I take some adult lessons just in case? Any other tips from people who have dive before would be appreicated. Thanks:)

I dived for the first time in turkey with my boyfriend. All the gear on you is pretty heavy out of the water but once in it is totally fine. I don't really have any tips but if you relax you will have a blast! I'm sure your friend will look after you :)

You float in saltwater regardless. You have weights in your belt to keep you under. The fins propel you along just fine. You are not treading water or swimming constantly. You just kind of hang if not swimming in the ocean, anyway. No, you do not need adult swim lessons. Definitely need the scuba classes. I did my one of my cert dives in a tank at Marineland with a bunch of huge Grouper, gigantic sea turtles and other fish. Nothing has compared since.

Back