All-Star Seating Vent

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The security staff employee that was in our section was hilarious. He had a whiteboard and would write different notes on it and hold it up to the crowd, and had such a great attitude when he was telling people over and over that they couldn't save seats. I don't know how he kept a smile on his face all weekend, but he was awesome!

We took a picture with him after the first night of large coed. He was such a nice guy- great attitude!

Worlds 2012 was nuts with seating. I was there early so I had a seat during the little fiasco thy happened that year. After that, my mom and I left and came back at night to watch med and small coed. We went to go sit in 2 empty seats, and this woman started screaming that the seats were saved even though clearly no one was sitting there. She caused such a scene that some very gracious F5 athletes allowed us to sit with them. Let me tell you, F5 had some amazing sportsmanship that day. The moral of the story, parents are crazy

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

If noone were saving seats, just our normal bodily functions, love for food and desire to see teams in other arena's would allow for continual open seats. I don't have sympathy for "they'll be back in a few minutes". Our teams only perform for 2 1/2 minutes, and our backpacks don't pay admission. Backpacks should never get a better seat then a paying customer. Ticketing the seats individually would put the pricing at $150 or more per day in the arena just for NCA to break even with their open seating sales.

On priority sections, gyms could hand out a sticker that says "Marvelous All Stars" "Team Name" "Priority Seating" to family and to a limited amount of team members that would fit into the Priority Seating area in the arena. EP staff should have a schedule and if a person doesn't have the sticker, they don't enter the section (EP staff can check them while the other team performs). Also, this helps out the small gym who may not have a lot of fans or family members present, their athletes would finally get a cheering section at NCA they could see and hear. Adopt the "white board guy" (above) mentality for security staff and let them and crowd have some fun while enforcing it.

Last edited:
So many stories of crazy seating but so little time....
There was the time at Cheer America where two moms got into a fight over a seat...that was special. A couple years later, same event...someone threw a chair. With NCA I always accept it's a given that you will not have a seat if you want to shop, go to the bathroom, see other levels, ect. I know some people camp out in the arena but there is only so many small coed teams I can watch before I want to jump from the rafters.
Cali has some of the best sportsmanship when it comes to seats. One year we got there early to watch SMOED and the parents had no problem with me and cp plopping down right in their section and watching. They even put up with me taking cp's rollers out. WC also has moved over to let cp sit down during their teams. One lady actually said "well my husband went to the bathroom but who knows how long THAT will take!" he came back right as we were getting up to leave.
At a small local comp there was one crazy mom I wish i had taken pictures of. First she had full comp makeup on and pigtails...with bows. She had covered literally 3 rows of seats with sheets and anytime you even breathed near her she would stand up and scream "these are ALL mine...I'm saving them for our parents!!" There was never enough parents to actually fill the 3 rows. It was annoying considering most of the time it was just someone walking down to the railing to talk to either a coach or their kid.
Don't get me started on parking wars....

So my other issue lies within our own program. When cp's teams are performing I expect all other athletes from our program to find a seat in the back of the VIP section. They bum rush the seats and take the best seats before us parents can get there. I love that they are being supportive and how they look up to the other teams but unless you are paying my tuition and comp fees I expect to sit in the front row and will politely ask you to move back.

Maybe I'm confused but there's actual seats in the VIP section? Any time our teams go on, it's sort of a mosh pit in the front and we all stand and cheer them on and then shuffle out when they're done. :cheering:

At most of the comps I've attended, there are 2-3 rows of priority seats. Usually they are hardcore about keeping those areas clear outside of people viewing their teams.

Incidentally, the one comp I've attended in California (Anaheim) only had a standing area.

So my other issue lies within our own program. When cp's teams are performing I expect all other athletes from our program to find a seat in the back of the VIP section. They bum rush the seats and take the best seats before us parents can get there. I love that they are being supportive and how they look up to the other teams but unless you are paying my tuition and comp fees I expect to sit in the front row and will politely ask you to move back.

That's pretty universal. I usually make the kids move for the parents of that team.

This. Always pisses me off. This stems from parents and coaches themselves though; they should be telling their kids and athletes that parents of athletes on that team should get first crack at seats or the front of the viewing area.

Building on something previously said...Perhaps parents, family and friends can have some sort of ticket, sticker, stamp, etc. that indicates a time slot for priority seating. You show your kid's USASF membership card to prove they're on a team, and you get a ticket that says "PRIORITY 3:00-3:03." There are definitely a lot of holes in it but it's an idea?

I don't want to imagine the person who probably knows 'XYZ Cheerlebrity's poof height' and favorite color toothbrush but doesn't know who BlueCat is. I mean, shouldn't there just be certain coaches/owners you just KNOW?

That's like me trying to get in front of Geno Auriemma during a UCONN game. What the what?

I don't want to imagine the person who probably knows 'XYZ Cheerlebrity's poof height' and favorite color toothbrush but doesn't know who BlueCat is. I mean, shouldn't there just be certain coaches/owners you just KNOW?

That's like me trying to get in front of Geno Auriemma during a UCONN game. What the what?

I didn't mean it as "how dare they get in front of ME" specifically ... I mean how does someone not related to the program in any way decide it is OK to shove their way in front of someone who is obviously a coach.

I didn't mean it as "how dare they get in front of ME" specifically ... I mean how does someone not related to the program in any way decide it is OK to shove their way in front of someone who is obviously a coach.
I watching the VIP section at BATC this past season from way far back in the bleachers when Coed and Senior Elite performed. Those spectators (athletes and parents alike) did not care who was who in the CEA organization (coach, parent, other CEA athlete), they were going to try to shove their way to the front of the VIP section no matter what. Total mayhem.

Back