All-Star Seating Vent

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe I'm alone here but my mom never went in priority when I competed. She liked getting the whole picture of how the routine was going and she couldn't get that so close. She also hating the madness, frustration and running that went along with it. She always stood in the back and met me right off stage.

I would probably do the same thing if I had a CP.

Maybe I'm alone here but my mom never went in priority when I competed. She liked getting the whole picture of how the routine was going and she couldn't get that so close. She also hating the madness, frustration and running that went along with it. She always stood in the back and met me right off stage.

I have some moms that do this too. (And dads too). They usually video for me--so bonus on a close up and wider perspective videos to study.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I didn't mean it as "how dare they get in front of ME" specifically ... I mean how does someone not related to the program in any way decide it is OK to shove their way in front of someone who is obviously a coach.
Oh no, I'm with you on that. I'm also saying that it'd be one thing if, let's say, it was 'me' they were trying to get in front of (me being a hypothetical coach at CA). I'd be easy to miss, seeing as I'm not 'well known.' (In this very enjoyable scenario that involves me being a coach at CA lol). ;)

In another scenario- I picture it like somebody trying to get in the way of Courtney. Or Victor. Or Coach Mike. People who are OBVIOUSLY the Coach/Owner. Maybe from the sports I've played, I've always known the coaches almost as well as the athletes. Sometimes better. It's a respect thing. Athletes come and go, but a good coach builds an institution (at least in HS sports).

You are not alone. I generally do not go up to the priority seating to watch CP, either. I would rather be able to see the whole routine plus I am just a palm-sweating, stomach-flipping, nervous hot mess when I watch CP:confused: so it's just better if I stay back. The only time I have used priority seating is in a venue where the stage is up higher than the seats and you can't really see no matter where you are....

I prefer not to go to the VIP section however cp prefers me there. She like to know where I am before the routine starts. I am superstitious though and I either go VIP for all teams at our gym or none at all.

I've never had too bad of luck.

Competition in West Edmonton Mall last year sold tickets to each section last year to mitigate overcrowding. Problem was in the Worlds bid section, they sold out in about 30 seconds and few of our injured athletes who didn't have athlete bands were going to be SOL until we managed to find a few extra athlete and coaches bands from some very helpful people from Perfect Storm!

Sea to Sky in Vancouver has had the best VIP section I've seen. Maybe it's our Canadian, but everyone nicely files in when its their team, and out when its over. I've never seen anything quite like it !

Not alone, I stopped going to priority 3 seasons ago. I like the overall view from a distance. I'm at the side of the stage by the time she comes from reviewing video with her team.

If there is priority seating: 2 day comps I will go to priority day 1, then will view from the back day 2. For a 1 day comp, I'll go to priority.

So my other issue lies within our own program. When cp's teams are performing I expect all other athletes from our program to find a seat in the back of the VIP section. They bum rush the seats and take the best seats before us parents can get there. I love that they are being supportive and how they look up to the other teams but unless you are paying my tuition and comp fees I expect to sit in the front row and will politely ask you to move back.

I have actually told my kids (I'm a team mom) to let the parents of the team we are watching, in front of them. Yes the kids get excited and want to support as many of their gymmates as they can, but the parents of that team should be up front and center.

I never go to the priority seating either unless my CP asks me too, which is not often. I am always there to meet her when they come out so she doesn't mind. I also never sit with our team either because we have a few Moms that are absolute nightmares - they're the ones who scream if someone would dare sit in what they consider "our gyms" section. It is soooooo embarrasing and my CP understands that it's not that I don't support her. We love our gym/coaches, but when Mama drama like this makes a 5th grader want to consider moving gyms, you know it's bad!

Hmmm. Remember that stuff the janitor would pour on the floor when someone hurled? I'm thinking a little watery oatmeal and a stash of that stuff and maybe you could clear an area claiming a HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS stomach virus and a periodic heaving sound adminstered at opportune times.

I don't sit with my gym because I don't like territorial seating. I am a Lone Ranger.

Oh no, I'm with you on that. I'm also saying that it'd be one thing if, let's say, it was 'me' they were trying to get in front of (me being a hypothetical coach at CA). I'd be easy to miss, seeing as I'm not 'well known.' (In this very enjoyable scenario that involves me being a coach at CA lol). ;)

In another scenario- I picture it like somebody trying to get in the way of Courtney. Or Victor. Or Coach Mike. People who are OBVIOUSLY the Coach/Owner. Maybe from the sports I've played, I've always known the coaches almost as well as the athletes. Sometimes better. It's a respect thing. Athletes come and go, but a good coach builds an institution (at least in HS sports).
Uhhh... I have no idea what BlueCat looks like. If he doesn't look like his avi then I am clueless ;). And we've been to CA for clinics before! (Don't judge)

I only go to the VIP section if it is a better location than where I am sitting. My daughter has always been a mini level 1 (until this year) so I was always early and able to secure front row. Most of the time, I had a better view from my seat. Now that she is a junior level 2, that probably won't happen anymore.

I also choose to sit away from the gym. I just like to worry about myself and my family. I just find it easier that way.

Hmmm. Remember that stuff the janitor would pour on the floor when someone hurled? I'm thinking a little watery oatmeal and a stash of that stuff and maybe you could clear an area claiming a HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS stomach virus and a periodic heaving sound adminstered at opportune times.

I don't sit with my gym because I don't like territorial seating. I am a Lone Ranger.
Hahahaha yes. The saw dust/kitty litter mixture.

Back