All-Star Seating Vent

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For those who gyms want the gym to sit together, is this a specific rule? I just don't understand why this is necessary. We sit wherever we want (although most from our gym sit together by choice), and then meet the squad mom's at the assigned location to drop off our kids. I prefer to sit away from the gym. It may sound snotty, but I am not there to make friends. I am there because my daughter wants to cheer.
I didn't sign my kid up for me, and I'm not the most social of creatures...especially in my post-Susie mom years (we shall never speak of my early cheer mom years).

That being said, 8 years later, if I look at my Facebook friends list and the only people I ever really talk to....they're all cheer people. And (probably because I'm highly selective) they're all awesome and have really improved the quality of my life. In 5 more years when they're both aged out I'm gonna be all alone :(

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

For those who gyms want the gym to sit together, is this a specific rule? I just don't understand why this is necessary. We sit wherever we want (although most from our gym sit together by choice), and then meet the squad mom's at the assigned location to drop off our kids. I prefer to sit away from the gym. It may sound snotty, but I am not there to make friends. I am there because my daughter wants to cheer.
It's not a rule at our gym, just most seem to pick together. Personally, my introverted self always chose the quietest corner to sit in and avoid the gossip and drama. Plus, I like seeing our families spread out around the arena cheering them on.
I say if you're comfortable sitting alone - do it. My friends always knew I was there by text if they needed to tell me something. I never lost any friends over my seat choice.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Well, CP likes to hang with her teammates. We travel together, stay in the same hotels, same floors, I would rather get along with my fellow parents to athletes and let CP enjoy this thing she is a part of and have buds to swim in the pool with, be included in the impromptu lunch dates, etc., the quick knock on our door of we're all going down now, want to come when traveling and we are encouraged to sit together and make sure to welcome any new to gym folks to sit with the rest of us. In these days of technology, we may all be sitting in the same section, but you see a ton of digital screens lit up. You can sit somewhere else, but we kind of pride ourselves on our ability to get along and support each family peacefully. CP sure wants to be sitting with her teammates, too. It is nice to be able to know the other athletes' moms and dad and exchange hellos and how are yous, then pick my ipad back up and click the "what's new" button on FierceBoard or play another round of Candy Crush.

As for priority, I would be the mom on the floor in front holding my iphone with the record button on.

That's how my mom is in priority. She always has the I-pad and records my team.

That's how my mom is in priority. She always has the I-pad and records my team.

I always try to bring my father because he is a bit of a control freak and likes to record because he thinks none of us can do anything right. Little does he know that I really just want him there so he can record while I enjoy watching the routine! :)

I always try to bring my father because he is a bit of a control freak and likes to record because he thinks none of us can do anything right. Little does he know that I really just want him there so he can record while I enjoy watching the routine! :)
Nice idea!

Back