Seeking Best Gyms In Illinois/chicago Burbs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I tried really hard not to be biased, but of course I'd say take a look at Ultimate Athletics. ;)

Besides Ultimate and ICE, Cheer Command has been sending their Senior all girl level 5 to Worlds for a couple of years (as has UA and ICE). you could always go on you tube to check out videos for the teams and gyms you are interested in. Good luck finding a cheer home that you love!

There has been a ton of drama regarding Illinois cheer and it all has originated in this section...so everytime we see a thread about it we wait for heck to break loose. I would go with Ultimate Athletics, I have heard nothing but great things about them and they have great coaches! ICE has been inadvertently linked to a gym owner who closed her gym so i would bprobably steer clear, at least until the smoke blows over (and I just had a Rays Smoke v/o go off in my head)....
dare I ask...what kind of drama? parent? athletes? coaches?

Depending on where you live I would only consider Ultimate Athletics (their main gym which has their level 5 team)located in Wauconda or Cheer Command located in Mokena. Both placed well at Worlds. UA 10/13 in Large coed and Cheer Command 11/55 in Small Senior. Neither has had negative drama associated with them. Can't be said for some of the other large gyms that house level 5 teams. Good luck!

I think I would pick Cheer Command or UA depending on where you live. CC seven straight years to worlds, last 2 full paid, 11th out of 55 this year missing to ten I think by less than point. Also Nfinity Cup champs last year. UA if you live up north, they finished 10 out of 13 this year at worlds with paid bid. Great program also. Ice has had some serious issues over the last couple of years, and also had a lot of issues this year as well. Great teams but tons of drama.

Well Cheer Command has Sr 4&5 plus J4 and looks like they just added a J5. If you haven't found a gym yet. I wish you & your CP the best of luck remember there usually is DRAMA where ever you go in any sport, but its your choice to fall in or stay clear. My CP been cheering since 07 in Illinois an I managed to stay drama free!!!!

I am looking for recommendations for the best cheer gyms in the Chicago suburbs for levels 4 and 5. Want all around top placement and supportive staff and parents. Fingers crossed:) thanks!!!
I know this is an old forum. have you decided where to go yet?

Oh boy. I hate drama! But also looking into either UA or ICE for next season for my DD. UA North and Barrington are much more conveniently located to our future home location and ICE is about 45 miles away. Any info would be appreciated, just trying to find something close to where she is now or at least around the same ballpark ;)

UA tends to have a lot of drama, at least from what I've heard. LXC (Layton Xtreme) is an excellent gym that now has 2 level 5 teams, both of which plan on going to Worlds this year. The owners and coaches at LXC are awesome!!

Back