OT Senior Gifts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
May 8, 2011
I cheer for my high school and every year us juniors are in charge of getting gifts for the seniors at the end of each season. I need ideas! There are 7 seniors, all girls, and our budget is about 32 dollars per person including shipping and everything. So far the ideas we've had are keychains and monogrammed towels... our creative juices aren't exactly flowing. Help! Our mascot is the bull dogs (yes, two separate words) and our colors are blue, black, and white.

I cheer for my high school and every year us juniors are in charge of getting gifts for the seniors at the end of each season. I need ideas! There are 7 seniors, all girls, and our budget is about 32 dollars per person including shipping and everything. So far the ideas we've had are keychains and monogrammed towels... our creative juices aren't exactly flowing. Help! Our mascot is the bull dogs (yes, two separate words) and our colors are blue, black, and white.
last year my coaches got our seniors a basket type thing like this-Large Personalized / Monogrammed Collapsible by thegroovymommy but I know they didn't spend that much on them, lol. You can find them even at places like walmart. They took them to a local embroidered and got their monograms for under 5 dollars! They also went to the dollar store and filled them with little things good for college. just an idea :)

We got monogrammed sterling silver rings!! They are really pretty:) I think the towel idea is good too because they can take them to college!!

Along the same idea as the embroidered items, how about embroidered fleece blankets with either your cheer mascot/logo or school mascot/logo and their name embroidered on it also. You can get them at embroidery shops or PM me and I can help you locate a business to take care of your needs. These will be really useful and can be used when they go to college also.

You could also make a "yearbook for them" with pics throughout the season. You can upload them to snapfish add captions and details. If you get really creative you can have 7 different girls get coupons online for like free snapfish or shutter fly album and then each go and buy the album you have created and save $$$$$ . You could make a cute book for free and with the coupons either get it free or at a deep discount.

Maybe like a scrapbook where every girl makes a page for each senior then they all get put together. Like just a cute little message and a couple pictures per page! Cheap, easy, and heartfelt!

For my school, we don't really have "senior gifts" but a senior day/game. At school, we get a sash, crown, balloons, a bag of candy and drinks, and the Juniors have to do it all (and wear shirts that say "We love our seniors". Also, if I remember correctly, we all get a picture of the team in a really cute picture frame.
I definitely like the key chain idea though and maybe even a cute tshirt :) & I love what cheeeeer93 said!
Good luck!

For my school, we don't really have "senior gifts" but a senior day/game. At school, we get a sash, crown, balloons, a bag of candy and drinks, and the Juniors have to do it all (and wear shirts that say "We love our seniors". Also, if I remember correctly, we all get a picture of the team in a really cute picture frame.
I definitely like the key chain idea though and maybe even a cute tshirt :) & I love what cheeeeer93 said!
Good luck!

Last year we didn't do senior gifts, but we had secret pals. My secret pal was a senior and since she was going to Alabama i got her a gift basket with a couple of alabama things i found pretty cheap online. 2 of the other girls also had seniors that were going to University of Tennessee and did the same thing. I think it would be cute if you knew where they were going for college and got a tumbler cup with the school on it.

Get personalized sweatshirts- everyone loves a sweatshirt. Last year we got tiger (our mascot) snuggies and a senior coffee mug, which was really cute.

Try to get them something that they can use when in college. I got a super cute french memo board from one of the clubs I did... sadly it was giant and unuseable and went in the trash my freshman year. For a real cheap momento we went to Ikea, bought a bunch of Racket (I think) wood frames, spray painted them and then decorated them with the year and their names. Inside we put a photo of the squad so they could take it to school.
Coffee mugs are always awesome (we got one every year before cheer camp I still have a few), so are bags to carry groceries, teddy bears, spirit sticks, or you can make a small shadow box and put a bow in it.

My senior year we got a pillow with our name embroidered on it and a teddy bear. It was cute because we got the teddy bears before the last home football game and all the seniors had their's next to them throughout the game.

So my daughter's squad does the same thing and last year I made them t-shirts with the school logo and senior on the front and the back "you are now watching the throne" which was their theme song last year. This year they are doing the same front with "senior" in pink (that is their 2013 color) and on the back "laters, Baby" with the "B" being "13". I thought it was a bit much but all the girls read the books.....so who am I to object....and I must say they look really cute....BTW, my daughter is a senior this year....so this will be her senior shirt.......if you cant beat them, join them. I will try to get the picture up on my website tonight.
Shayne
Cheerstones.net
[email protected]

Back