OT Senior Picture Outfits/ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Nov 28, 2010
I'm taking my senior pictures soon! (the personal one that will go on my graduation invitations) and I need help for 3-4 outfits and some ideas! I do want a classic white button down shirts with cowboy boots, but I need help! Post some pictures of your senior pics please! :)

Deep Ellum is a great place to take senior pictures! Have you tried looking on Pintrest? I know a lot of people who got wedding and engagement photo ideas from there.

I might not know what I'm talking about, so forgive me (wink wink)
In general, and specifically outside, white is not the best color choice. Especially in the sun, the light "blows out" white and can take away from your face. I would suggest a pastel blue, pink, or green. Also, strapless and strappy shirts can add weight, as can mini skirts. If you need/want any other suggestions, feel free to email me! [email protected]

I love white! Especially if you're going somewhere like a downtown area, that's what I would do. I see a lot of people I know wear white and I think it stands out if you're in a city.
Anyways, you'll know what colors and types of clothing look best on you. I would just say don't go out and spend tons of money on new clothes, I hate when people don' t look like themselves in pictures. Or do really unnatural things like frolic in water or run through a field with a horse (unless you have a horse then it'd be okay in my book). As long as the photoshoot suits you, I don't think you can really go wrong with what you wear. I'm sure they'll be awesome and really fun!

But I have seen some really awesome senior photos that just focused on sports! This one dancer had some really cool ones, they were a little different but very pretty.

I have been taking senior portraits for seven years now. I am even having sessions at Worlds! At any rate, the suggestions I made come from years of experience. Absolutely hands down the very best advice I can give you is to wear what makes you feel good. I agree with Vanessa, going out and purchasing wardrobe options is a bad idea. If you are uncomfortable in what you have on it will absolutely show in your photos. It's hard to relax for a great photo if you are worried about how you look in your clothes. If you are normally a jeans girl, then wear mostly jeans. If you love dresses, then go with that. Be especially careful about strapless dress or top, they tend to add weight no matter how tiny you are, and especially cheerleaders because you naturally have a lot of muscle in your arms and legs. (and in any top, be aware of suntan lines. If you have strap marks try fake baking just those so they will blend in the photo) Really short skirts that are fitted add weight to your legs, again with the muscles. If you have a pose where you are leaning on an arm behind you, make sure that you turn your hand toward the camera and "fake lean" on your arm so that you don't push the muscle out. I also suggest that after the first few frames of each outfit you ask the photographer to show you the photos. That way you can see if you are happy with the way you look on camera in your outfit choice. You can always change to go on with pictures, but if you don't stop and look you will just end up with a lot of photos you aren't really happy with.

These are my senior pics (sorry its so big). I went with the vertical one of me not in my cheer uniform for the yearbook.
swefpy.png

I don't know if you're planning on doing your photos outside or inside. I did alittle of both. If you want to add me on facebook, I have them in one of my albums: Michele Sneddon.
I did a photo in my Ruby uniform of course and its one of my favorites (indoors)
I wore a yellow shirt in one (outdoors)
purple shirt (outdoors)
I did a white shirt and liek they said above white is touchy, i liked the picture but the shirt really wasn't my favorite in general.
I did one in a red and black shirt as well (outdoors) and with my car lol.
blue shirt in doors, it was sleeveless and probbaly my least favorite beacuae of the way my cheerleading arms and shoulders look haha.
We did my outside pictures at a farm, there was a field, a stone wall, trees, a fence, then we drove to this bridge and did some along it and a stream, and the train tracks. A cheer friends mom did them so we had tons of fun.

here's who did mine http://emilydavisphotography.com/ under galleries and indepence if you need ideas.

Okay, forget facebook, I didn't have anything to do, so i'm going to reminice and post :)

4i20dt.jpg

39bmg.jpg

wqzccl.jpg

2npxg5.jpg

16c8ljq.jpg

1fe4bt.jpg

dy0z15.jpg

6h5m9v.jpg

6zya9s.jpg

19ov8h.jpg

Today i'm getting paid to fierceboard.
:)

Wear classic outfits that you won't be embarrassed by when you look back.

I took pictures in a couple different outfits. Now, 4 years later, I still am happy with my outfit choices. I wore:
1. My cheer uniform.
2. Plain black drape with pearls.
3. A white sundress (Lilly Pulitzer obviously :p)
4. Jeans and a pastel green top with a bit of detail.

I would recommend natural makeup and simple hair. Again, you don't want to look back at your senior photos 30 years from now and wonder "What was I thinking?"

Back