Setting A Tuck, Help Please!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 18, 2012
i have my tuck on the floor by myself, running and standing but i dont set up in either, my tumbling coach said the only reason i land on my feet is because i pull my legs over quicker than im supposed to...hahaha. please please pleaaasssseeee gimme some advice on what to do!! she said i cant start layouts until i learn how to do it!!

Personally I don't give advice like this until I see a video because it could be several things going on, not just one. I don't like to assume. :) However yojaehs, Matt Faherty, CCCBeBad, CoachDerek, NEliteSteven have all given excellent tumbling advice in these threads over the years without seeing videos. I have tagged them. You may want to follow up with them. You can also check out Debbie Love's tumbling website For The Love of Tumbling, which is probably the most referenced tumbling website and where everyone is pointed to that has any tumbling issues. Best of luck to you!

Well A) I'm happy to hear your coach is requiring a "set" before you move on to your layout. B) It sounds like you might be tumbling with your eyes closed.
I recommend find a few different points to focus on when your tumbling - Floor, wall, ceiling/lights, floor. Noticing these points will help you realize the "top" of your set and assist in helping control. If you get a video I'd be happy to provide more input. Thanks again tumbleyoda it's been a while, hope your doing good!

Ditto yojaehs. It's really hard to tell without a video. I wish I had an answer that made it click with everyone I work with. Some kids just worry too much about making the skill around, that they're not concerned with using a proper set (which would actually make it easier to make sure you land on your feet).

yojaehs - I am good thanks. Doing end of year tumbling evaluations, report cards, planning Winter/Spring Class schedule, adding new focus classes. Teams are coming along - normal issues there :).

CoachDerek, Matt Faherty - y'all are welcome! I follow the advice that you have given and usually with the exception of maybe different drills, you have been spot on.

Thank you guys so much!! ill try to put a link on here to the video later after i figure it out....hahaha and thanks for the advice!! yojaehs im defiantly gonna try that!! :)

Back