All-Star Should Usasf Limit Bids/people?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 9, 2012
I heard there were lots of problems when Large all girl went on and that they had to shut the doors of the milkhouse, and do a one in one out kinda thing. And also I know there are so many bids offered and so many teams come, so maybe they should limit the bids given? I'm not sure if there already is a limit in place I just know that so many more teams came this year. Or maybe they could limit the people that come and watch because it was full. They either need to get a bigger venue or put a limit to the people allowed to buy tickets to ESPN wide world of sports.

The venue is too small period. There was empty seats at the josten's at the same time. It does not have anything to do with the number of bids. People come to watch just watch and what did they expect small senior right after large senior no one was going to leave venue.

Limiting bids is not the be all end all solution. I personally know quite a number of people who went as spectators. This should be THE event in the cheer world and it should grow as the world of cheer grows. And that means the venue needs to grow as well. Time for usasf to step up acknowledge that they have grown too big for disney. And unlike Pooh in Rabbits hole it will not shrink and suddenly fit again. Isn't this what we want? For cheer to grow in popularity? Thank you Disney, its been real and its been fun. But unless you can provide a bigger arena to fit everyone it is time to move on.

Limiting bids would help some, but what happened with large senior could have been prevented without even changing venues. Instead of trying to make everyone happy they should have had two bigger divisions go at the same time. Have Large Senior go at the same time Small Senior is going. Sure people will get angry and that they can't be both places at once, but it will balance out the number of people at both venues.

Moving it to someone other than Disney sounds great, BUT I think having it remain in Orlando while still having it at another venue sounds better. I am sure that the USASF could work something out with Disney to still remain partnered with them as far as hotel stays and park passes, but still go outside of Disney property to use a bigger venue.
If you leave Disney completely I have a feeling there will be no more ESPN coverage, which is fine with me if CBS/Fox sports picks it up because they do more coverage, but I am not sure if everyone would like that.

There are pluses to having it at Disney just like their are cons. If there was a way to either limit the number of participants to the point of things running smoothly between the Milkhouse and Jostens then that would be great, but if not then something needs to be done. Even if a new venue is used though there would still need to be multiple stages used or competition would run for far too long.

Another solution to a big problem today was that parents could not get in to see their child perform (they eventually did get in) because people who were there strictly as spectators would not open up seats for them. I have an issue with this because I feel that after all the money the parents have put into their childs participation in this sport they should be able to see them compete. There needs to be a designated section for parents only. Those parents should be allowed to purchase tickets to sit in that section during their teams performance or all day depending on the size of the section. These tickets should be on a first come first serve basis .

*sorry if this is full of typos and doesn't make sense but I am super tired and wanted to get it out before I went to bed*

Limiting bids would help some, but what happened with large senior could have been prevented without even changing venues. Instead of trying to make everyone happy they should have had two bigger divisions go at the same time. Have Large Senior go at the same time Small Senior is going. Sure people will get angry and that they can't be both places at once, but it will balance out the number of people at both venues.

Moving it to someone other than Disney sounds great, BUT I think having it remain in Orlando while still having it at another venue sounds better. I am sure that the USASF could work something out with Disney to still remain partnered with them as far as hotel stays and park passes, but still go outside of Disney property to use a bigger venue.
If you leave Disney completely I have a feeling there will be no more ESPN coverage, which is fine with me if CBS/Fox sports picks it up because they do more coverage, but I am not sure if everyone would like that.

There are pluses to having it at Disney just like their are cons. If there was a way to either limit the number of participants to the point of things running smoothly between the Milkhouse and Jostens then that would be great, but if not then something needs to be done. Even if a new venue is used though there would still need to be multiple stages used or competition would run for far too long.

Another solution to a big problem today was that parents could not get in to see their child perform (they eventually did get in) because people who were there strictly as spectators would not open up seats for them. I have an issue with this because I feel that after all the money the parents have put into their childs participation in this sport they should be able to see them compete. There needs to be a designated section for parents only. Those parents should be allowed to purchase tickets to sit in that section during their teams performance or all day depending on the size of the section. These tickets should be on a first come first serve basis .

*sorry if this is full of typos and doesn't make sense but I am super tired and wanted to get it out before I went to bed*

This is what I don't understand would be so hard to fix. There already is a parents section like at other comps...but, I think they should be able to implement some type of list where a parent whose child is competing can get into the venue and into the priority seating for parents (literally like a VIP, your name's not on the list type of deal) over a spectator (at least for a designated amount of time inside the arena.

I talked to a few people this weekend that said it the push for change needs to come from the people. So, you need to take the time to email (like you did for the rules) the changes that need to be pushed. Unless change is pushed it wont happen.

This is what I don't understand would be so hard to fix. There already is a parents section like at other comps...but, I think they should be able to implement some type of list where a parent whose child is competing can get into the venue and into the priority seating for parents (literally like a VIP, your name's not on the list type of deal) over a spectator (at least for a designated amount of time inside the arena.

Thats exactly what i was thinking while they were announcing how so many parents couldnt get in to see their kids perform. I thought they should of had a list as you mentioned to allow parents in. If i were a parent there and had paid all that money for years of cheer along with travel expenses, hotel, food, etc.. and i couldnt even get into the venue i would be ranting and raving. I think the usasf will rethink their system for next worlds :)

Thats exactly what i was thinking while they were announcing how so many parents couldnt get in to see their kids perform. I thought they should of had a list as you mentioned to allow parents in. If i were a parent there and had paid all that money for years of cheer along with travel expenses, hotel, food, etc.. and i couldnt even get into the venue i would be ranting and raving. I think the usasf will rethink their system for next worlds :)

It was the same way last year and they didn't rethink it, they just let it happen again this year. I am so annoyed by this. This is such an easy fix! (the parents part, not the crowd in general part). Just have a section for parents that they can only get into during a certain time (use wristbands, tickets, I don't care). Period. It's just another problem that would have an easy fix if someone would sit down for 10 minutes and work out the logistics instead of sitting down for weeks trying to decide if the boys are too flamboyant.

As for changing venues, yes that needs to happen for sure. It won't though - for some reason USASF thinks the solution to that EVERY YEAR is to make announcements that people should leave so other people can come in. Right now they have it made - they're making too much money. It's going to take something threatening that to have an affect (like the huge lawsuit that is just waiting to happen when something happens and people can't get out).

I don't see anything changing.

I have gone to worlds as a spectator...while I realize the parents of athletes spend a lot of money for them to train and compete all year, I do not feel as a paying spectator I should have to just get up and out so the parents can get in after I have also paid to fly to Orlando, stay at the resort and paid for the package. Some people do attend because they love to watch cheerleading at its highest form even when they don't have their own children. :)

I know a lot of people don't think that bids need to be limited, and yes I agree the number of spectators has grown over the years, but there are some small senior and small coed teams that really are not worlds caliber teams and then when they don't make it out of prelims on Friday they too become spectators that want to watch on Saturday and Sunday. I don't think you need to limit the number of paid bids or partial paids, but start limiting the at- larges.

As a business person it doesn't make sense to turn away a paying customer.... This is why The Rolling Stones do not use civic centers as a venue! Parents and Fans should be able to watch all the divisions that they want to see... they bought an admission ticket.
I agree with Kingston, we the people need to send an email or sign a petition to get this changed. Everyone at the usasf had a great seat I'm sure and the coaches and kids have access... Its the fans and parents that need to do this!
Im not computer savy enough to make a petition but if someone makes one I will sure sign it and share!
Perhaps the Dance Worlds can be at a diffrent time and then Epcot could be used if the contract is the issue??

I'm not sure if they ever did this or not, but why not hold a division or two at the Indiana Jones ampitheater? That would spread the crowd out some. They also could allot a certain number of "family" wristbands (they could be a certain color) to each athlete. Once you are registered as an athlete for worlds, with your athletic credentials and all you would get some family wrist bands. You would have to have that wrist band to sit in the family section. They could even get so specific as to different colors for different divisions so that once your child's division (say large senior - red writs bands)was over you had to move and allow the next division to come in (small coed - blue wrist bands).
I'm sure there are a lot of problems with these ideas, but that's just off the top of my head.

Exactly! Its the parents && fans whose money keeps this show alive. How dare the usasf attempt to give people 1/2 of what they paid for! If theres a petition im the 1st to sign it.

There should be advance purchase tickets available to parents only. 2 tickets per family that are good for a certain set of seats, certain time block based on when your athlete performs. Once your time block is up, you get up, and let the next family have their seat. You don't have to leave the arena, but you do have to leave the family seating area.

Back