Should We Find Another Sport?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hope they figure it out but remember that you are a consumer. If the business can't meet your needs, it's perfectly acceptable to go elsewhere. Think about it: would you stay at McDonalds if you were a vegetarian? Sure you could make due with a couple of menu items but if Veggies R Us opened up down the street, wouldn't you go where your needs were fully met?

Without all the specifics its hard to speak to your situation accurately. But it sounds like it is a small gym which may mean the option to place her exactly where you would like to see her be is not a viable option. It sounds like your child is making progress and enjoys it, which is reason in and of itself to continue. Parents tend to get more caught up in level placement than the kids usually do. (Unless the parents have instilled that into them , they usually don't worry about it at that age.) Unfortunately a small gym doesn't always have the bodies to field teams at levels appropriate for all the kids, so they end up with some kids lower than where they should be or higher, higher IMO is generally a much worse situation because it means your child is unable to do much of what is required on the floor and consequently is "hidden" on the floor. If the coach's decide to go a level or more higher than most of the team is at to accommodate kids that are more advanced, your team will be miserably non competitive because they simply wont be able to score highly enough to be competitive. A small gym has alot of challenges when considering how to most effectively field a team. If that seems to be your case and your child enjoys it, I would stay with it. I biased though, I definitely think that the skills gained from competitive cheer transcend the sport and positively impact the child's life skills so unless your in a nightmare situation at your gym , I would never suggest giving it up. Hope that helps and you guys find a way to make it work for you!

This age thing is really a bummer for small gyms!! I'm hoping the coach can figure something out. We have mostly younger and older girls so my daughter falls right in between. Not really sure what is going to happen at this point. There aren't enough to make a junior or youth team, without combining it with the mini's, but most of our mini's are new and would not be ready for a level 2. We are really stuck between a rock and a hard place here!!:confused:
They may need to bump it up to a Youth 1 to accomodate your daughter's age. She's aged out of minis.

Back