All-Star Show Your Bows 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

2wp1nhc.jpg

ETA: I have no idea why this picture is so huge!

Not the best picture, but I'll try and get a better one of each bow
Each team has a different bow with a similar theme. We also have practice bows that are soft and have no sparkle, Legacy key chain bows and Legacy key chain tie dye bows.

8d4153cc243a6461006baa88b7cd7987.jpg

My two bows for this competition season. Top bow is what the majority of the program wears (tiny, mini, youth, senior 1&2) and the bottom bow is my senior 3 teams bow. Our j2 "Barbies" has a bright pink bow.

I need some tips, because these bows are both on elastics and I have to change them during competition day depending on which team I'm preforming on (typically my s2 goes first, then my s3), anyone know how I can easily switch bows without ripping my hair out? I tried to put a little clip in the middle part so I could not use the elastic, but I couldn't get it to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My two bows for this competition season. Top bow is what the majority of the program wears (tiny, mini, youth, senior 1&2) and the bottom bow is my senior 3 teams bow. Our j2 "Barbies" has a bright pink bow.

I need some tips, because these bows are both on elastics and I have to change them during competition day depending on which team I'm preforming on (typically my s2 goes first, then my s3), anyone know how I can easily switch bows without ripping my hair out? I tried to put a little clip in the middle part so I could not use the elastic, but I couldn't get it to stay.

What I do is not wrap the band tightly (like maybe just twice instead of 3 times depending on your hair thickness) and then Bobby pin the poo out of it. That way it stays pinned in place but Bobby pins are a lot easier to remove.

You can use pipecleaners (you can get them at craft stores). Pull them through the middle part of the bow. Then twist it around your ponytail and the ends with each other. It holds the bow in place and still let's you switch the bow pretty fast. Try it out with a practice bow though and use a new pipecleaner for each competition because the wire can break when you twist it too much.

2wp1nhc.jpg

ETA: I have no idea why this picture is so huge!

Not the best picture, but I'll try and get a better one of each bow
Each team has a different bow with a similar theme. We also have practice bows that are soft and have no sparkle, Legacy key chain bows and Legacy key chain tie dye bows.
Now that's what I call branding.

Love the top one. It's so pretty!! I use about 3 elastics on my pony to hold it in place and then put the bow on top so I can just change them out. I've done it before and the pony doesn't move.

Someone mentioned pipe cleaners, which is a good idea I've never thought of!

I've done it two ways, but both essentially just tie the bow in. The first is to cut the elastic in the back center of the hair tie. Now you have 2 equal length elastic "laces" that you can tie the bow in around your ponytail. Make sure to double knot it. You may need help tying it in, it's hard to do yourself.

The other is to get a small ribbon the same color as your hair or the bow. String it through the center wrap and then use it to tie the bow in your hair.

Like @WinstonsGirl said, use 2 elastics for the pony and then put the bow in last. I don't see why it would be hard to get the bow out and put the other one in. Especially if someone helps you. That should take less than a minute. Source: "Mom, take my bow out!" (I have experience) :)

Like @WinstonsGirl said, use 2 elastics for the pony and then put the bow in last. I don't see why it would be hard to get the bow out and put the other one in. Especially if someone helps you. That should take less than a minute. Source: "Mom, take my bow out!" (I have experience) :)

If they're doing a teased pony, it could take way more. ;) I always have to try and brush my pony out for like an hour, then work with getting the bow out for a few minutes, then cut my other ties open, and THEN finally I can wash my hair to get the tease out properly haha!

If they're doing a teased pony, it could take way more. ;) I always have to try and brush my pony out for like an hour, then work with getting the bow out for a few minutes, then cut my other ties open, and THEN finally I can wash my hair to get the tease out properly haha!

Worse if it involves a tease and a poof! EEK! Glad to know I'm not the only one who just cuts hair ties. It's not worth CP's tears to try and get them out.

Back