OT show your bows :D

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I wash my white bows in the sink with shampoo and let them air dry. However my daughter just throws them in the washer with her laundry.

8egasade.jpg

my 'Lulabows' my coaches bow company from England, like the facebook page: :D http://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10151411884757429&id=654412428&comment_id=27564006&ref=m_notif&notif_t=feed_comment&actorid=100003344344404&__user=0
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

4v3did.jpg

Just started making bows awhile ago so each one is a little different than the next as I continue to learn. This is one of my more recent ones. I love the silver ribbon in the middle but it has the wire edging unfortunately. Works for practice bows though.

How do you cut 3 inch strips of fabric so perfectly? I use a rotary cutter and a ruler and sometimes the ruler moves and it gets messed up.

Where do you buy the rhinestone transfers for a bow like the one below? I'm so tired of doing them by hand. I know you can buy them from YellaRibbon but that's just too expensive. ($20.00:()

photo_28129__38974132883270212801280_zpscda2957d.jpg

What are good websites to buy fabric? I already know about spandexhouse and spandex world... Just looking for other good ones...

One more question!... :D What is this fabric called that is used in this bow, (from YellaRibbon)? It's not the hologram fabric right?

266599_10151235852399624_190839180_oty_zps5c229cea.jpg

Yella ribbon post on youtube how they put rhinestons like that and she post how to make a bows too

How do you cut 3 inch strips of fabric so perfectly? I use a rotary cutter and a ruler and sometimes the ruler moves and it gets messed up."

Are you using a clear ruler made for rotary cutting? They usually come with small rubber dots that you place on the bottom side of the ruler. When you hold the ruler down, they help keep the ruler from moving when you cut. I have to concentrate too when cutting fabric. If I let my mind wander, even for a moment, sometimes the rotary goes where it shouldn't be going! Good luck!

How do you cut 3 inch strips of fabric so perfectly? I use a rotary cutter and a ruler and sometimes the ruler moves and it gets messed up.

Where do you buy the rhinestone transfers for a bow like the one below? I'm so tired of doing them by hand. I know you can buy them from YellaRibbon but that's just too expensive. ($20.00:()

photo_28129__38974132883270212801280_zpscda2957d.jpg

What are good websites to buy fabric? I already know about spandexhouse and spandex world... Just looking for other good ones...
A much cheap option is to buy the rhinestone template. basically it is a cut out that you brush the stones in, pick them up with sticky transfer paper, then heat press. The transfer is about $75 you may spend another $25 on sticky paper and your stones for another $100 which may sound like alot, but you will be spending no more than $200 and I promise you will certainly get more than 10 bows, which is the cost for purchasing the ready made strips..... Good luck! BTW, the templates can be reused 100++++ times. They will eventually get old and bent and more difficult to work with....but it is well worth it!

707742_Medium.jpg

Here is a pic of one of my new bows. Glitter fabric over 3" white grossgrain ribbon with rhinestone center. This can be personalize with Name, year (2013), or mini cutout and rhinestone "worlds" in disney font. colours of your choice. This bow also come with: Red, yellow gold, royal (electric blue), hot pink, burgandy, Aqua, purple, and orange ribbon. All personalization and centers are done in matching colored rhinestone and glitter cutouts.
Shayne
cheerstones.net
[email protected]
(609) 306-6161

Back