Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
here are more:

333byok.jpg

208txr5.jpg

2i1ikr4.jpg

2q8a9ub.jpg

thank you. i figured i could make bows that could be worn with an everyday outfit rather then just for cheer. i am going this weekend to get more ribbon so hopefully sometime next week i will have some new ones up.

the big polka dot ones (black and gold & black and pink) were for my cousin's high school cheerleading team who are doing relay for life. they wanted something cute to wear but really simple.

thank you. i figured i could make bows that could be worn with an everyday outfit rather then just for cheer. i am going this weekend to get more ribbon so hopefully sometime next week i will have some new ones up.

the big polka dot ones (black and gold & black and pink) were for my cousin's high school cheerleading team who are doing relay for life. they wanted something cute to wear but really simple.

I absolutely loooove yours! If I had money, I'd probably pay you to make me some :)

Ztaprincess those little bows are so adorable!
I make bows for the college girls I coach and they had the nerve to complain that they look like Christmas presents because the bows are too big. I'm like Ummmm, bows are supposed to be big. I should show them some oft the bows I had in allstars. I need to get more former allstar cheerleaders on my team!

What size fabric do you use for the bow bands? Or do you just cut them to size?

i don't buy certain sizes i just buy the ribbon i like and then go from there. the blue and white one are two different ribbons glued together. the zebra is 7/8in and the white part is 1 1/2 in. i'm practicing on layering different kinds of ribbon because there are so many cute skinny ribbon patterns out there. i have not mastered using fabric yet though i am just working with ribbon right now.

for people who make bows: do you use stiffening spray? i saw it on the joann's website and i'm curious... i like when my bows are stiff but i'm not sure if they will be stiff enough with just my layers of grosgrain and glue or if i should use the spray?

i would quote this but i'm on a school computer and for some reason it won't let me use the quote option but cheerfiercewiu i thought about buying it and might once i start making bigger bows, but with the little ones i make when i layer the ribbon it makes them pretty stiff already. i think that if you use the grosgrain ribbon and layer on top with something else it should be stiff enough.

also thank you everyone who has messaged me or replied in this thread it means a lot. i am trying to get better so hopefully once i do then i will do different kinds.

i would quote this but i'm on a school computer and for some reason it won't let me use the quote option but cheerfiercewiu i thought about buying it and might once i start making bigger bows, but with the little ones i make when i layer the ribbon it makes them pretty stiff already. i think that if you use the grosgrain ribbon and layer on top with something else it should be stiff enough.

ok because i'm supposed to be in charge of making tryout bows (maybe) and camp bows for my college team. the tryout bows are three layers of grosgrain and i'm sure those will be stiff enough but for the camp bows i'm wanting to use a mystique or sequin fabric so i'm not sure if those will stay the same stiffness as the others. i'm brand new to making bows so i'm really nervous haha

i made a few bows with mystic fabric on top of grosgrain and mine were decently stiff. the bows were a mess but that is because i am horrible at big bows right now, but i felt they were plenty stiff. mostly because of the glue i used to put them together made them stronger. if you are worried i would just go ahead and buy it. it could always come in handy if you want to make a plain colored grosgrain bow.

Back