OT show your bows :D

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
when i used the mystic fabric i used spray tacky glue (so messy i hate the stuff it took my fignernail polish off). when i just layer ribbon i use plain tacky glue, but when i put the middle ribbon around the bow i use that Mighty Mend-it stuff they advertise on TV so that it is nice and clear. got it at CVS thinking oh it won't work and it works like a charm.

when i used the mystic fabric i used spray tacky glue (so messy i hate the stuff it took my fignernail polish off). when i just layer ribbon i use plain tacky glue, but when i put the middle ribbon around the bow i use that Mighty Mend-it stuff they advertise on TV so that it is nice and clear. got it at CVS thinking oh it won't work and it works like a charm.

ok thanks, ill have to go to a store and look for some :)

has anyone used the mystique spandex from spandexworld.com? it looks like the mystic fabric from y3lla but i'm not 100% sure about it

has anyone used the mystique spandex from spandexworld.com? it looks like the mystic fabric from y3lla but i'm not 100% sure about it

Yep! I have. It's great!

And to answer your earlier question, you can always hairspray the base ribbon (both sides) before you make the bow. That's what I do! But the more layers on the bow, the stiffer it will be by itself..just like ztaprincess said :)

Yep! I have. It's great!

And to answer your earlier question, you can always hairspray the base ribbon (both sides) before you make the bow. That's what I do! But the more layers on the bow, the stiffer it will be by itself..just like ztaprincess said :)

awesome thanks hannah! :]

i love the little grosgrain ribbon at Michael's. i go like one a week and pick some up. all i make are the little headband bows for my cousin, her friends, and other family members. if i remember i will take pictures of them when i get home. i have mastered them (still not good enough to sell but if you want one i can make it for you for free) but still can't make the big bows worth a darn. not sure what my problem is.

If you want, I will make you some big bows and you can make my little one some headband bows and we can trade. PM me. I make nice big bows, but doubt I have the patience for the little ones.

Hey guys.. Just ordered material online so I can start making bows to sell.. will let everyone know when the process starts to happen.. :)

brandon.jpg

Where does everyone buy the 2 1/2-3 inch grosgrain? I've been to three stores (Micheal's, AC More, & JoAnn's) and they don't have the larger sizes, only the wired satin stuff and that doesn't work as well.

Back