OT show your bows :D

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
A different kind of headband bow, i made that i thought was cute.

20qynud.jpg

the tails are kind of uneven, but yeah.

Could i get one of these!? there sooo cute

how do you guys get yours to keep that shape? mine never turn out like that :(

I spray mine...you can use two base ribbons if you want, or just a good amount of fabric layers. Just some simple ways...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

annauk your bows are very patriotic! Haha they are adorable I love them!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

My CPs team for the summer wears a different color each day of practice so i have been making bows twice a week so she can match. she loves to match. My bows are getting better have used this thread for help. I use the mat and the rotary cutter. I have been bonding the ribbons to each other using two sided fusable webbing. I have yet to try fabric and i need to order 3 inch ribbons. Now to the questions, How do you make some of your fabrics look so shiny? is it a coating or are they that way when you buy them? Where do you get your fabrics? What kind of fabrics do you use on your bows? Right now i am just using differnt ribbons. The first few weeks i was making one for my daughter twice a week now it seems like i am getting request from friends lol. Any suggestions would be great. I wish i could just buy the bows as you all make wonderful ones but for now two days is all i get notice to make them. My CP loves it when everyone comments on her bows. Thanks in advance

My CPs team for the summer wears a different color each day of practice so i have been making bows twice a week so she can match. she loves to match. My bows are getting better have used this thread for help. I use the mat and the rotary cutter. I have been bonding the ribbons to each other using two sided fusable webbing. I have yet to try fabric and i need to order 3 inch ribbons. Now to the questions, How do you make some of your fabrics look so shiny? is it a coating or are they that way when you buy them? Where do you get your fabrics? What kind of fabrics do you use on your bows? Right now i am just using differnt ribbons. The first few weeks i was making one for my daughter twice a week now it seems like i am getting request from friends lol. Any suggestions would be great. I wish i could just buy the bows as you all make wonderful ones but for now two days is all i get notice to make them. My CP loves it when everyone comments on her bows. Thanks in advance
The fabric I think you are talking about is called Mystique. I order mine from Spandexworld.com. 1 yard makes 12 three inch bows. All the fabric I use has a blend of at least 10% spandex in them (I’m not sure about the sequin fabric though). Depending on how flimsy or stiff the fabric is, I use different backings. For the mystique fabric, I use 3” grosgrain from theribbonretreat.com. And for more stiff fabric, I use wire 2.5 inch silky looking ribbon. The grosgrain works way better IMO but it’s more expensive with the shipping. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me. Hope this helps : )

The shiny

The shiny (mystic) fabric I use I get at hobby lobby.
You should post some pictures of your bows I'd love to see them. If you need help feel free to PM me :)

ok i am trying to post this pic this is the bow for monday
home.php

i tried to post the pic but it didnt work

Back